I really dont know what to do here

rasmussenbc

Oct 16, 2008
Gig Harbor, WA
update for those who dont know:

Car was overheating and losing coolant, so I fixed a monkey coolant hose job the previous owner did, now no fluid leaks

engine doesnt get as hot (still too hot) but now no heat

i figured the previous owner did the weird hose job as a cheap way to bypass a clogged heater core some way and still have heat

heater valve working properly

REPLACED HEATER CORE, STILL NO HEAT

that last part really ticked me off

the overheating is a secondary issue as far as Im concerned. it stays below 200 almost always. I just want my friggin heat back

help appreciated, thanks

mkiiibro

Sep 25, 2009
Detroit
Are you sure the valve is working properly?
Sometimes they may look like they are working, when in reality they are not. If i were you i would take the valve off the vehicle and inspect it to see if it moves freely, if it puts up much fuss, just take a piece of pipe and use it to bypass that valve altogether.
Thats about the only other thing that i can think of, happened on my car and my brothers as well; and both times this resolved our "no heat" problem"

powodzenia,
phil

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
if you could get pictures to show us exactly what you did then that would help alot! obviously no coolant is reaching the heater core so youre not gonna get heat.

nesupra87

Sep 11, 2007
Nebraska
Might as well bite the bullet and do the BHG fix. It will only get worse the more you drive it and never get better on it's own. I kept hoping mine would "fix itself", it just got worse.

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
Al Hanks;1510779 said:
Might as well bite the bullet and do the BHG fix. It will only get worse the more you drive it and never get better on it's own. I kept hoping mine would "fix itself", it just got worse.

Why jump to conclusions? From his explanation it sounds like he was leaking coolant not burning coolant and fixing the hoses helped.

rasmussenbc: as gaboon said, pictures are worth a thousand words here. Also, compare your hose routing to the diagram in the TSRM:

CO_002.gif

rasmussenbc

Oct 16, 2008
Gig Harbor, WA
yeah I followed the TSRM exactly. It looks just like that now. It pretty much solved my overheat/coolant loss problem, but caused my no heat problem.

I'll try to dig up some pics of the old hose set up, but thats really the only thing that will show you guys anything