I own the Slowest MK3 on earth :(

amd_hcds

Dec 20, 2005
Chicago,IL
Yesterday I was having another day of fun with my 89 Turbo Supra with the Targa off when a friend of mind who owns a Toyota Corrola wanted to race me for real I just laughed and then agreed and then when I boosted I heard a strange sound like some metal was breaking and suddenly the boost is 0 and the car got off by itself that's when I relized that something is going real bad in the engine bay I opened the hood and I knew at that time that there was a problem with the turbo which made the compresser wheel of the hot side to break and breaking the whole turbine housing and blowing the turbo fun with it... well most of you might wonder why would I just get another CT-26 Turbo and be back well I live in Iraq and I can't find any parts for any GTE just for GEs the only turbos I can find is diesel ones which can't fit so I took the turbo and bought a exhaust of an N\A and put it instead of the turbo so I can use the car until I can find what I'll be doing soon...I connected the IC pipe to the filter directly in order to start the car...Now it's running and I thought it was okay for the time being to drive an N\A supra until I can deal with the problem..I called a friend of mine who owns a N\A supra auto(Mine is 5speed) I told him we'll race to see if mine is a nice N\A or a bad one..Well he killed me tooooo easy and that's when I remembered that GTEs are Low compression engines while the N\As have high compression engines so I'm driving a REAL slow MK3 which's slower than the N\As I wish I own an N\A now...:(

Sorry for the long post but I was wondering if there's anyone who sell parts here who can make shipment for Jordan? Maybe I can buy parts through Jordan?

amd_hcds

Dec 20, 2005
Chicago,IL
I'll get a digital camera and take some pictures.

And I add that the engine temp is not going any high than zero? and the electric fans I have is not going on at all.. and oil pressure is down by 1 Kg\cm2 and i'm loosing coolant with no leaks that I can see??????????BHG????????again?

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
send the turbo to be upgraded in the US

get a rebulit turbo for 400-600 USD and have it shipped back or buy one of them ebay manifolds form china and slap on a t4 turbo form some truck

amd_hcds

Dec 20, 2005
Chicago,IL
Well If possible someone listing the exact dimensions and spec of the CT-26 turbo cause some guys said they can find some turbos for me they just needed the specs of the stock turbo.

Also I found CT-12 from a 1G-GTE will they make any use with the 7M?

mdr40z

Mar 31, 2005
arkansas
I like zzzan t4 idea or you could just order a boss bolt-on, I'm sure it could be shipped somehow

N

NDBoost

forget about upgrading the turbo, figure out why your leaking coolant, and oil. And figure out why your temp gauge and fans arent turning on first LOL!

amd_hcds

Dec 20, 2005
Chicago,IL
Well coolant leak solved today was from the turbo water lines.

And oil pressure problem found cause it was leaking from the turbo oil lines and will be fixed tommorow but I think I have a rod-knock too bad cause there used to be a sound but I asked a mechanic and he said it's not a rod-knock but the fact that this sound is getting louder I think it's a rod-knock I'm gonna check that too..

And fans did kick in today but I drove the car for like 2 hours until the temprature guage did get 1/3 of the gauge Donno why is that but it seemed cool to drive with a cold engine.

So guys I found Twin CT-12 which used to belong to a 1G-GTE I can make custom piping and make them fit but the question is are they gonna work fine? I hear twin turbos are diffrent cause they are basicly two instead of one? And are they gonna give the same power at the single CT-26(Which I don't think soo cause they seem to be very small comparing to the 26)

bigal0043

Jun 29, 2005
Plattsburgh,NY
www.mk3supra.net
you will need to make a custom manifold for that setup.. it would be easier IMO to buy a new ct-26 look on ebay or see if a member on here will sell you one and ship it there... you will end up paying for shipping but it will be easier in the long run..

oh and i wouldnt imagine that running it without a turbo is a good idea...

N

NDBoost

running without a turbo causes the car to run rich, and run like ass. Although im sure its not a BAD thing its def soemthing i wouldnt do.

amd_hcds

Dec 20, 2005
Chicago,IL
Running rich? Like fuel more than air? Well the car seems to run just fine but it runs like ass as you said and hey is running rich is gonna hurt the engine? or it's safe to drive it?

I found some GTEs today but they all seem to be in wooooooooha prices comparing to GEs and other engines here. I read here somewhere that 89+ engines have an increase in power than the pre-89 mine is a 89 so will it make problems if a pre-89 gte was swapped in? or not? Cause I donno what model does those GTEs I found belong to. I found also a 2jz-GTE from a Lexus? I'm not sure but still it was cheaper than the 7m-GTE. 7M-GTE was for 650USD will all it's components without tranny while the 2JZ-GTE with complete components without ecu+wiring harness for 450USD and the 7M-GE for 200USD complete. I'm confused here but all I know now that my supra isn't gonna see any light for a loooooong time :(

amd_hcds

Dec 20, 2005
Chicago,IL
Well I got good news as one of these shops I found the 7M-GTE in agreed to sell the Turbo only for a price of 150USD it's in good condition have a little shaft play but all else is good I'm thinking about rebuilding it anyways(saw a post here for that) is that a good price for such turbo?

N

NDBoost

boost fiend said:
i would grab it! i had a chance to get a 60-1 ct-26 for 350 usd and passed it up because of rumors that they dont last that long.
only when you run 30lbs:biglaugh: :naughty:

im running 17 and this 60-1 pulls like a bat outta hell!