I need this part # sourced for going single!

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
In an effort to keep my single swap clean as possible!

I am going from 1JZ-GTTE to 1JZ-GTE i know ignore my nissan brain fart for now

I have noticed that the 1JZ came single in the vvti application!

Does anyone know the part number for the upper water neck ? with the single turbo water feed?

I am also looking for the P# for the lower oil return adapter! it should have 1 opening instead of two

Also how did the 1JZ-VVTI version tap its oil source the same as the twin 1JZ but re-merge the two feeds in a single or did it only use port but a larger oil line size more information detailing how to use the single vvti turbo engine parts on the twin design would be helpfull i am trying to keep an oem/single look going with this.
see the picture to see the water neck i am looking for!

looking for this lower part also for 1jz return to bolt to block It can be oem 1jz single turbo vvti or if 7m will work ?
7mgte_return.jpg

7mgte_return_2.jpg

Last edited:

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
wish i could help you Evil

Sorry for the Off Topic but i'm Curious of how hard it would be to install a vvti 1J in our cars already having a 1J does the vvti one have a better power band then the already nice 1JZ-GTE

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
I was planning to use the parts to making a single easier.

It will fit & work
But you need to change the oil pan front sump to rear and it will be a wiring nightmare.

Advanatages & disadvantages of VVTI/ PROs CONs

it changes timing fast with a varriable cam while the engine is running to get a good power band at any part of the engines power curve with out sacraficing anything in 1 part of it like by usinging fixed cam gear (adjustable only when engine is off) from greddy hks

So you get better gas milage and better power bands verry good if you leave your vvti engine stock!
once you start upgrading your engine and getting more then 200% crank hp out of it most people end up disableing it because it gets in the way! who wants an extra 1 or 2 on mpg when you have a 500+ hp car.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
changing the waterneck seem's like a waste of money to me.all you need to do is get a monkey wrench and twist the metal tube till it come's out of the waterneck.once you get it out,you can tap it with 1/8"npt (NO DRILLING REQUIRED) and then thread in a pipe plug.
the oil feed is a 12mm x 1.25 ,just get a bolt with some plummer's tape and plug a feed.
the an-10 you have pictured should bolt to the oil return in the block.all you have to do is pull the little y off the pan.
this is what i did to help keep the cost down on all the part's
keith

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
SP snobed me off in 2002 when i wanted to buy some tien coil over RAs bought them from supra store instead was $400 cheaper they lost my buisness at that point i dont know if i could ever bring myself to go back to them.

zoonwen

1JZ Supra
Apr 27, 2005
Denton, TX
that return flange he makes is for the turbo side, isnt it ??? Or is the return flange off the turbo and on the block the same ???

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
I assume you are using -10 lines?

A few people out there have -10 flange to oil drain flange, including ARZ.

The oem VVTi one would have a drain hose fitting.

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
Looks like the same waterneck to me.....

IDK how someone could say a 500+whp 1JZ VVTI, vvti gets in the way because, the VVTI rods start snapping at 400whp, and MAJOR upgrades are needed to reach 500hp, not just "cutting a wire" to the vvti.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
no vvti doesnt have extra rods it haves a hydralicaly controled cam in the intake side well except for the beams engine made by toyota in haves dual vvti.
Cutting the wires to disable it might set it at a bad angle aftermarket adjustable cams can fix that.

VVTI is verry superior technology if tuned right would be better then aftermarket adjustable cams but cost alot and not many people can replicate toyotas control over the system but billsherwoods fraser page kind of explaines how to tune it.

the oil / water return lines are diffrent on the vvti engine it haves a larger single turbo engine so it haves
(1) large feed line at the top of the water neck
the twin 1jz haves 2 tiny water feeds
(1) large return line at the bottom of the water pump or on the water line i dont know which one
thetwin 1jz haves two small returns one on the water hard line the other on the water housing.

for oil lines i dont know if it uses (2) 1jz oil outlet fittings or just (1) larger single 1 with the other one plugged off.
(1) large oil return line instead of a split one like the 1jz twin system.

I have access to free brass lines & flangine machines i plan to use the 1jzgte single engine adapter pieces and use direct heavy duty brass adapters with crimped hose fitting at the end of them.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
I contacted them thank you ric
this the parts breakdown as soon as i get a price on this it maybe a cheaper better alternitive for making a single turbo bolt on kit!

I figure since the 1JZGTE came single why not order the toyota single turbo pieces then it maybe easier to add the single.

Last edited: