I need some internet detectives please!

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Ok, my cougar has been getting harassing text messages from this number and I tried doing a reverse look up, but, its a cell number, so I dunno if there is a way to find out who this is or what... I know its a Tulsa Oklahoma number, but that's all I know... Can any of you find out more info for me about this? thanks...

Here is the number: 918 636 7703 Disclaimer: PLEASE DONT CALL THIS NUMBER!

Oh, and since Im talkin to ya intraweb detectives, can anyone tell me how to trace an email? I have this person sending me emails, and I KNOW it's her ex, but he swears its not, and I would love to trace and bust his ass... thanks... :D

Jake

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
Just tell the cell phone company to block it... They can also tell them they're harassing you and their service provider will be notified.. or blocked at very least.

Same with emails... just block them.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
If you know who it is than call that person and tell them to fuck off,

then block all their shit. This person wants to act 14 then treat them like it.

WetBoostedDreams

Supra Fanatic
Apr 4, 2007
Redmond, WA
As far as emails, sometimes Google will yield surprising results (when people are dumb enough to use their regular email address, that is). I've had luck searching sites like MySpace as well. That's about all the advice I can offer, and I'm sure you've tried it already, but I thought I'd throw it in there. Good luck on the search. :)

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
GrimJack;1225934 said:
Get her phone provider to forward that number to the local police. ;)

As for the email, check the raw header information. What email program do you use?

Reign - this is what you should do. Trust me.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
I will do that... thanks... Grim, Im using Hotmail... When you say header, do you mean in the address bar? This is the email Im getting emails from: bricepeters@ymail.com I KNOW this is Tom, her ex... He hacked into her yahoo email and read all the emails I sent her... We both have folders in our email that we store emails from each other, its so romantic I know, lol... So he went in and read them all and forwarded one entitled "20 Questions" to this email... 20 Questions is what it sounds like, when we first met, i made 20 questions and answered them, like, whats your full name, where were you born, do you have any brothers/sisters, you know, just basic stuff... So he fwd'd that to the brice email... She also has a folder of all his harassing emails from his other email acct and he put all those emails in the "trash" but we recovered them... I also changed her log in info and secret question so tom can't hack it again...

As far as the email goes, you guys feel free to inundate his inbox with bullshit, i dont mind, spam that fucker hard... :D:D:D

I searched that brice email on myspace, and there was an acct with a picture of her daughter, but that's been deleted now... So... I just want to track them because he WAS in Oklahoma, and I got another one from him recently, and I know he's in Panama City Beach again, I saw him the other day... So, I want to prove that the new one came from PCB and the others were from Ok...

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Standard disclaimers apply - I am not a lawyer - this is not legal advice - simply my civilian interpretation of the law...

Reign,

What you describe is a felony under federal law. And it's also psychotic.

If any of it occurred across state lines, report it here:

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Do not fuck around with this. When adults start acting like this, it's not a game.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Standard disclaimers apply - I am not a lawyer - this is not legal advice - simply my civilian interpretation of the law...

Assault (causing someone to fear for their safety) can be a felony.

Harrasment on the other hand is generally a misdemeanor unless the person has an order of protection against them. That should be the first step in Reigns particular case, they should seek a restraining order preventing this individual from engaging in this activity.

However, the one that makes this an FBI matter is that two federal laws are being broken.

First, just by logging into her account he's violating Title 18, Part 1, Chapter 47, Section 1030 of the Federal Code titled "Fraud and related activity in connection with computer."

Secondly it is a federal crime to harass someone on the internet and not reveal your true identity.

The current statute, signed into law by Bush in 2006 states; “Whoever…utilizes any device or software that can be used to originate telecommunications or other types of communications that are transmitted, in whole or in part, by the Internet… without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any person…who receives the communications…shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.”

Now whether or not I agree with that law is a separate thread, however it is the current law and can be used to assist Reign in his current circumstance.

In most cases, a visit from the police or FBI will put an end to this sort of thing. This idiot probably thinks he's being funny. With an FBI Special Agent at the front door, he'll probably reconsider.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Supracentral;1226305 said:

Assault (causing someone to fear for their safety) can be a felony.

Harrasment on the other hand is generally a misdemeanor unless the person has an order of protection against them. That should be the first step in Reigns particular case, they should seek a restraining order preventing this individual from engaging in this activity.

However, the one that makes this an FBI matter is that two federal laws are being broken.

First, just by logging into her account he's violating Title 18, Part 1, Chapter 47, Section 1030 of the Federal Code titled "Fraud and related activity in connection with computer."

Secondly it is a federal crime to harass someone on the internet and not reveal your true identity.

The current statute, signed into law by Bush in 2006 states; “Whoever…utilizes any device or software that can be used to originate telecommunications or other types of communications that are transmitted, in whole or in part, by the Internet… without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any person…who receives the communications…shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.”

Now whether or not I agree with that law is a separate thread, however it is the current law and can be used to assist Reign in his current circumstance.

In most cases, a visit from the police or FBI will put an end to this sort of thing. This idiot probably thinks he's being funny. With an FBI Special Agent at the front door, he'll probably reconsider.

Good point Mike.

Take some advice Jake and let us know how it works. :)

Duane

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
You'd be suprised what can be a felony, and then there's state vs federal laws too, the FBI has a ton of laws you can break by doing similar activities to the ones described by the OP. All the murder suicides we've had have been from cases a lil like this, stalking and threats and not letting go are a good indicator of violence to come and law enforcement will take it seriously, save and print all emails and keep the texts, they are all evidence.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
They have a pending case similar to this with the woman in STL who threatened and harrassed the girl in STL on myspace and the girl killed her self from the harrassment, she had made a fake myspace posing as a young boy and befriended the girl then targeted her for the abuse. Now the feds have her and her co conspiratory in court over it.