I need some advice

e90suprat

Mechanically challenged
May 8, 2005
Douglasville, GA
So for the last few days I have been trying to remove the oil pressure sender, with no luck. Today I finally got the some-bitch off, and smashed it with a hammer(I know it's immature, but damn it felt good). I was installing the adapter for the new sender, and it snapped. So now I have a little bit of the threads sticking out of the block, how the hell do I get it out without getting the metal shavings into the engine? Any advice would be appreciated:1zhelp:

Damn I'm glad this car isn't my dd!

steve_mk3

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
middletown, NJ
Go t sears and get one of those revese threaded removal kits. The piece thats left in the block should be hollow, so threead the correct size infor the piece and it should come out.

e90suprat

Mechanically challenged
May 8, 2005
Douglasville, GA
I've already got one of those, just need to get an extension for the drill, I just wasnt sure if I should use that or not. Thanks for the input.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Other than drilling it out the use of power tools usually makes things worse. Use an easy out or a 1/8 pipe extractor. Or a left handed drill bit. Or drill it and retapped. No matter what you do an old trick is to liberally coat the cutting surface of the tool with grease to prevent chips from entering the engine.