Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

supra_fast

FN Fast
May 13, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Pretty much want to start my own build right away. but the question is what engine? i will be building the engine myself from block out. now i already have tons of 7m shit like the block and pistons and head unit and cam shafts and so on. so i would be off to a way better start that way. but if the 1JZ is way better then i will sell that stuff and buy 1JZ stuff. i have had the 7m before, twice and both times they blew a hg but im going to make sure that doesnt happen this time. i am looking to get between 450 and 500 hp at like 10 -12 psi.

i want to no you opinion. y i should or should not use a certain engine?
cost differance? How hard is it to find parts? or anything else you can think of.

Please give me your thoughs :1zhelp:

thanks

Travis

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
Ive never owned a 1JZ, but right now Im building a 7M.....and either way, its gonna cost some money to get that kinda horsepower.....but I vote 7M just because its the route that Im taking and I wanna believe that Im doing the right thing:icon_bigg

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
if you are planning on a full build: Rods, pistons, arp, MHG, etc. Go with the 7m its much easier to source parts. and will be much stronger than a stock 1j, if you want to fully build a 1j than buy a 2j instead. Either way if you want to do it right you will need some $$$.

Btw: your not going to reach 450 hp on 12psi, what else do you have planned for your build? for that kind of goal you are looking at a bigger turbo and a full fuel system (injectors, regulator, pump) power doesn't come cheap:)

edit add: IMO the 1jz is the latest forum craze, people see a nice 1j and then look at their broken 7m and think its the only way to go. these 7m's have 150K+ on them.... all they need is a proper build and a little love;) I think the 1j is a great engine and better stock for stock but for a build the 7m is the way to go.

Last edited:

supra_fast

FN Fast
May 13, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
i ask becasue i like the input some poeple give. if you dont think its a worthy question just dont give an answer.

the whole your going to need alot of money thing to get that much power. money isnt a real big concern to me. i have the money to put into it. i wouldnt start a project and have a goal like that if i knew i didnt have the money. i plan on putting in a complete new fuel system and definetly going with a bigger and better turbo setup. i dont what to have a ton of stock stuff in this engine. This car wont be a daily driver car.

thanks for the input so far

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
That is what I was getting at. He is asking what he should do. You tell us what you did. Make a decision already.

Hey, should I make dinner or order out pizza?

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Nick M said:
That is what I was getting at. He is asking what he should do. You tell us what you did. Make a decision already.

Hey, should I make dinner or order out pizza?

If you're anything like the thread starter, you should order out. That way, all you have to do is make a request and expect it to just be dropped in your lap. :)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Nick: Need more info ie: When was the last pizza and whats in the fridge? ;)

S Fast: The 2JZ wins as it's 3.0L and has none of the "issues" of the 7M and is pretty well a bolt in fit with minimal fabrication.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Yblegal91t said:
how about not think so much and answer a simply question based on experience to help someone out

Funny.

The search function works great for finding out information like this.

You are aware there are tons of threads about this exact topic, right?

supra_fast

FN Fast
May 13, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
im just asking for a simple suggestion. those threads dont give me suggestions. i dont understand you all you guys go on other peoples threads and start bashing it. make a thread about bashing it. no one wants you on there thread. if you have no useful info then dont say anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.