I need maftpro help!!!!!!

nomercycustoms

Jun 12, 2009
midvale id
ok so i have lean idle porblems on a 88 supra built 7mgte, t70,750cc injectors, im useing ptt, wott, open loop the manescale is at o.o it should be at around -50 or -53 right so what is wrong it had 440cc and i had to ad +20 on the manescale when it should have been 0.0:1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp:

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Im running 680s and the mainscale is set at -15. The car responds well on and off of boost so i just left it. The mainscale on the 550s is usually set at
-10. I would start with -20 and go from there.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
im adding fuel at idle with 550's, the main scale adjustment changes from car to car and is only a reference... The map sensor itself has an effect on this. THere is a bunch of them lately reading lower then expected which drastically affects idle and the fuel needed on the mainscale.

Tune your car for what it wants/needs. Keep in mind fuel pressure will play another big role in the main scale as well!

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
I found using maft pro.. It was best to tune it in stages... get it to idle and run threw rpms to 2000 then 3000 then 4000 .. ignore what everyone eles has thiers i set at.. every car is diferant.. Just make sure your afr is corect .and start tuning ..took me a month to get mine right own my own.. im still on 440s but its pretty strait fwd on tuning it..

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Your question is unclear to me; but, -50 and -53 on the mainscale is removing a LOT of fuel.

Like others have mentioned, get your idle AFR set first. Then adjust and tune from there.

nomercycustoms

Jun 12, 2009
midvale id
my mp was way off bob set me up with 5.19 that fixed it but im still having some problems with it jumping around on the from 12 to 16 on the wideband how do you check the ppt and afr to see if its working.......

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
look at closed loop correction % on the logs. You can/will max these out if you dont tune the ve table with the stock ecu controlling closed loop first! tune the ve table using vf first. then jump to ptt.

You can tune it with ptt first but its alot easier to create the ve table using the vf's and then unplugging the o2 sensor.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
grim, what are you doing regarding your O2? Did you cut the data line(s) and just leave the heater line hooked up to keep the ecu from throwing a cel or are you looking at that annoying orange light all the time?

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
havent gone to ptt yet, saving that for next week or so after i get timing control in and wot tuned ;) Id like to leave the heater circuit hooked up though so the o2 wont clog and can be reused later on if needed. I like the cutting of the signal wire idea...

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
I've read that leaving the heater circuit intact will prevent a cel; but, I haven't confirmed that yet because I'm still waiting on my couplers to arrive so I can button up my IC pipe.

I did get the MAP Sensor installed and all vac lines ran and connected. Not much left to do!

Sorry for de-railing your thread nomercy. Back on topic! ;)

nomercycustoms

Jun 12, 2009
midvale id
ok guys hold on im in open loop the 02 is gone im in speed d mode and no resistor my 3 bar is bad bob said some are floating around no lite's all u need to do is set the ppt wot where u want it then set your mainscale to where it drives where u want it set the idle with the low tune then set your 3400 rpm and up on low, mid and high it will do the rest for u then cut the r7 resistor for your timing and set that if u think u need it i us it for my nitrous cause u have to cut it back to 8 or so ....... what mode are u guys using?

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
I am currently in transition from AFC mode to SD. I should have it all done this weekend.

grim is already there. Lucky dog... :biglaugh:

nomercy: How much nos are you injecting and at what rpm's do you have it come on at? What turbo are you running?

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
put some periods in there! thats a headache to read...

there are bad sensors floating around and i have one too. What does your MP at key on read? I also get some bad sensor readings when driving as well...

nomercycustoms

Jun 12, 2009
midvale id
im running for the most part a t70 turbo long story on where we go it.......:evil2:

nos at 3000 rpm in 3rd gear befor i put the maftpro in i haveint got there with the maftpro........:cry:

my mp was at 103 key off......:icon_razz cold start runs ok..... :icon_mad:warm start its a big rich pig.....:icon_evil

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
seems your sensor is intially fine.

Log it when it runs rich at a warm restart. Id like to see it. Do you have the fuel pressure VSV hooked up still?

afterstart enrichment %?

nomercycustoms

Jun 12, 2009
midvale id
afterstart is at 5 i was thinking about it my cold start is not smooth and rich like it should be.......

im running a fuel regulator......

did mike post on your fullthrottle page about the new 3bar maps...

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
yep there is an issue with the way the maft pro powers the sensor. The fix is to wire in a capacitor to the pro or the map wiring or to power the map sensor from a different 5 v source (what i did).

have you had any other issues with ptt with the o2 sensor removed?

nomercycustoms

Jun 12, 2009
midvale id
no issues just lean idle......

it was cold start...

when it warms up i restart and dont have any problems runs good...

but i shut it off for a bit it has to warm up then restart and it runs good..

is that the map?