I need electrical help nothing "saves"

Kevin

7mgte -> 7mgte swap done.
Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
ok sooo i re-routed my climate control to my glove box. I had a separate thread on that.. but that problem was solved and it works fine now. I also stated in that thread asking for help as to why my clock stopped working.. well ok i sorta figured out what the problem is.

i was messing around with my head unit wiring because that also doesn't work. (both clock and head unit stopped working at the same time)
i figured it might be something wrong with the power going to the head unit (i hard wired it instead of using a plug and play harness)
so i check the power cables. one is grey and attaches to the red wire for the head unit and one is blue with yellow and attaches to the yellow wire from the head unit.
and i check that the ground is good.. and it is good lol

so i tested the power sources with the key in the "off" and i get nothing.
I check them with the key in the "acc" and i get a 12v from the grey wire but still nothing from the blue with yellow (these are from the factory wiring not the head unit btw)

Also keep in mind that i did not change any wiring here when i extended the harnesses for the climate control and that both clock and head unit were working fine before.

so... frustrated, i tried switching the red and yellow wires on the head unit and still nothing..

in the midst of all this i accidentally touched the grey wire with the blue with yellow wire. and i notice that my clock lit up for the second that they touched.. so i put them together.. and what happens? the clock works. ok.. so somehow in my frustration.. i ended up putting all wires together to see what happens.. (red, yellow, grey, blue with yellow)
both clock and head unit work!!! but... i heard a noise from the head unit as if it were trying to spit out a cd. so i turn the car to "off" (with all wires still connnected) and the back on to "acc" and same noise.. and i know that only happens when you first install the head unit. soo i try to set a time on the clock.. 1:03 or something like that.. turn car to off then back on to acc.. clock resets back to 1:00
sooo i set a station on the head unit... and turn car off and on acc again.. and everything resets..

at that point i also realized that the climate control also resets back to 25 degrees Celsius every time i shut off the car.

so now i am stumped lol. nothing "saves"
what should i do/check now?? i;ve gone over the climate control wiring many times...
idk what to do :(