I need an idiots guide to wiring an engine.. ive dug myself into a deep hole :(

WeDgE

Buh-bye 7M...
Jan 2, 2006
Alberta
I've removed countless remote starters from vehicles that have been installed for 10+ years and haven't seen ANY with a broken solder joint...and some of them were pretty horrific installs. I see no problem with soldering on a wiring harness if you use the proper amount of heat and solder.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
mattsplat72;1575468 said:
Total thread derail

I disagree, I think the discussion above is exactly what alot of people need to read before undertaking a serious wiring conundrum.

I couldn't figure out if EvilEmpire and Dirgle were arguing or agreeing, but I guess those military types are like that ;)

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
i could be wrong but what i think what he was looking for was a step by step process of how to wire the engine harness.... i agree w/ mattsplat72, yes a little off topic but i also agree w/Keros, we definetly need to know how to properly connect wires together to even do a harness...

JP85MX73

May 24, 2010
NY
87supraguy;1575542 said:
i could be wrong but what i think what he was looking for was a step by step process of how to wire the engine harness.... i agree w/ mattsplat72, yes a little off topic but i also agree w/Keros, we definetly need to know how to properly connect wires together to even do a harness...

This would help also lol

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
WeDgE;1575356 said:
I've removed countless remote starters from vehicles that have been installed for 10+ years and haven't seen ANY with a broken solder joint...and some of them were pretty horrific installs. I see no problem with soldering on a wiring harness if you use the proper amount of heat and solder.

Same here, soldering used the right way (no cold joints) will last a long time. No problems here. But as far as wiring a harness goes, it's just about reading up on what wires you need to use and getting them to the right spot. Then make a good solid connection and you should be good to go. Good luck!!