I Need advise Please.............

jkbmkiii

Supramania Contributor
Nov 24, 2005
Castle Rock colorado
K- I purchased some pistons and rods from another member here on sm
And the guy tells me that the pistons have some scratches by the wrist pins, and a ding on the top of one or two of them.... I thought no problem and then I get them and and there are dings and scratches everwhere.....

The guy I bought from said "his master tec at work said there would not be a problem using them " So I trusted him mostly because I have never had a problem with buying/selling here on sm

Any how I took the set to my engine guy and he tells me that if he were me he would not use one of the pistons and he also says one other piston might not be useable but he was going to see if he could fix some of the dammage...

The person I bought from is saying get Fuc&&& pretty much

So any advise would be great! My first impluse is to find him and put a foot in his ass! But that is not always the best way to deal with these types of situations

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
Try to get his telephone number. Give him a call. If you feel comfortable PM me his name, adress and any other info you have and i can find out ALOT about just about anybody.

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
can you post a pic of the pistons in question? presonally i wouldnt have bought them if they were damaged, but alittle late for that now right?

chriso

Supranian
Apr 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
If the guy is pretty unreasonable and won't refund your money, then I would file something with paypal (if that's what you used). Paypal isn't the greatest after all and they really won't do much if they can't get the money back from the guy. Then, I would post a bad seller thread on here. Sometimes that works to give the jerk a little guilt trip. If he is a frequent visitor then (and if he has a conscience) he may make it all good or otherwise risk his reputation and eventually get banned. If all goes bad after that, then I would see how far you could stick your foot in his ass.

Sorry to hear this btw. It really sucks when someone (like you and Meg) go out of your way to help out people on these threads and some jackass screws you over.

Good luck !!!

daoshao

May 15, 2006
Minnesota
too hard to tell of the damage......dang...did you get a good deal on them or what??.....i personally would never buy beatup pistons...:nono:

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
They don't look bad at all. Those scratches by the wrist pin hole were %95 caused by the insertion of the pin locks. My JE's had them too, cuz those fucking locks slip out sometimes when you try putting it in and they scratch the side a bit.
eric

jkbmkiii

Supramania Contributor
Nov 24, 2005
Castle Rock colorado
I will take pictures of the other stuff ASAP

But the foot in the ass option is in order.

It has been a couple of days and yet to recive a response from the seller

blackgamer16

I will try the PP way next!

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Stretch said:
They don't look bad at all. Those scratches by the wrist pin hole were %95 caused by the insertion of the pin locks. My JE's had them too, cuz those fucking locks slip out sometimes when you try putting it in and they scratch the side a bit.
eric
have to agree

i see scratches on the sidewall where the lock pin gets insterted but no where else. If the side skirts are NOT scratched then the pistons are in fact still useable.

turbodriz

mk3 onwer
Feb 25, 2006
newyork....N.c
Dude that shit sucks, there is always one bad apple in the bunch. If you paid half price for that setup then if you had to replace 1or2 I guess it would work out a little. But on a respect note thats a thrashing:evil2: :evil2: :evil2: :evil2: :evil2: in my book of war.

aljordan

LEADED FUEL ONLY
Jul 14, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
www.apeserver.com
Sooo.. you paid 600 for a set of used pistons????

I'm 100% SURE you can buy a NEW set of JE's for that much. Who cares about rods? These rods have nothing special aside from a set of ARP fasteners They are a used set of rods that must be reconditioned before use anyway.

Now you need to buy a set of JE rings for $100 or so.

jkbmkiii

Supramania Contributor
Nov 24, 2005
Castle Rock colorado
aljordan said:
OH.. FWIW.. those pistons are fine ot use. No problems that I can see. Your engine guy is wanting to make some money off you from the sale of a set of pistons.

I never buy the parts for my motors from my engine guy.. He says its less of a pain in the ass if I do all that! So thats not it, the pictures are from the seller and yes they look ok, but I have the pistons and they are not ok

The pistons are not used either/ Only abused

Last edited:

jkbmkiii

Supramania Contributor
Nov 24, 2005
Castle Rock colorado
Last two Pm's And no response yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgamer16
I looked over all the Pm's that was in our conversation. And to be honest. I told you everything that was wrong- I gave you my phone number; to talk to me and my reputable tech (which also builds engines/ and is an ASE master tech for years) not that you care or anything of what he does or who he is and all.

Than I sent you pics.... I even sent you pics of the dings at the top of the pistons. And you said you where totally fine with the pics.

you verbally knew there was scratches on the pistons- cuz you replied that i can get a guy to do w.e to them.

And to sum it up. you asked me a couple times would there be any problems with using these pistons.

I replied- And i said No, it wouldnt change the effect of the piston at all. Any machine shop builder/technician should tell you that!

I even had some guys in the shop look over this whole conversation. And they even said. I told you everything and anything that was wrong with the pistons. I gave you valid information thru pics/ word/ even gave you my number for any questions. And you even called me and said yah you understand about the situation and perfectly fine with that.

Honestly. you can bring other people to this situation. And i will show them exactly what was sent/received through our conversation.

Blackgamer16

To my best interest... its a done deal!
I dont owe you anything.

JKBMKIII
I just found the pm where you said there was a little chip on the top of one or two of the pistons so what ever

you keep sending me pms and you act like your getting screwed, all I did was tell you why I was unhappy and you keep acting like a little punk about it.... you would do the same thing, if you were in my shoes

I dont want to be a dick but if I cant use two of the pistons because of the dammage WTF was the point? My engine builder said today and I quote" Thoses are not scratches or dings thats a damm hole" I have been advised not to use at least one and he is going to call me back about the other (if he can get it in to better shape)

So you and your master tech dont know what your talking about because at least 1 of the pistons is junk...

OK.. is not that far away so quit treating me like Iam trying to rip you off or I guess we could have a off line meeting and thats somthing that can be avoided....

If you really want to get bad with me we can let Pay Pal deal with it and I bet I would get my money back!!!

I want the pistons and rods but I wanted a full set, not 5 pistons and 6 rods

Any who .... I got ripped off buy a scamer little punk I will bite the bullet and buy a 6th piston so have a good day and remember this could come back to bite you in the ass as carma is a bitch