I need a lab rat for a 5-speed remote start

toyo4life

Supramania Contributor
Oct 8, 2006
Manchester NJ
Needed: One lab rat for designing a new remote start setup.Reward one remote start at or below my cost installed.
I'm looking for some who would like to have me install one of the newest units for manual trans cars. I have held off on producing these because I haven't had access to a manual trans car so anything I put together would only be from diagrams. I want to be able to see and test a unit to be able to test for any glitches before selling these. I would prefer to have a 91-92 5speed with a 7-m and the the stock clutch switches still in tac. The unit would be the updated Clifford Matrix 3.3. this is a full alarm/r.s./keyless. It retails for about $599 installed. I've been selling them for $499 installed and had them in the group buy for $399 preharnessed. The the test car would get this at a great discount (at or below my cost). the discount depends on who and how far. I am located in central New Jersey. The actual job will probably take about 4 hours to allow time to take photos and install notes. Anyone interested should pm me as soon as possible to be cosidered as a candidate. Thanks in advance, Tony.

SPD TRP

Formerly 3rdtimearound
Apr 12, 2005
Katy Texas
toyo4life;1131269 said:
Needed: One lab rat for designing a new remote start setup.Reward one remote start at or below my cost installed.
I'm looking for some who would like to have me install one of the newest units for manual trans cars. I have held off on producing these because I haven't had access to a manual trans car so anything I put together would only be from diagrams. I want to be able to see and test a unit to be able to test for any glitches before selling these. I would prefer to have a 91-92 5speed with a 7-m and the the stock clutch switches still in tac. The unit would be the updated Clifford Matrix 3.3. this is a full alarm/r.s./keyless. It retails for about $599 installed. I've been selling them for $499 installed and had them in the group buy for $399 preharnessed. The the test car would get this at a great discount (at or below my cost). the discount depends on who and how far. I am located in central New Jersey. The actual job will probably take about 4 hours to allow time to take photos and install notes. Anyone interested should pm me as soon as possible to be cosidered as a candidate. Thanks in advance, Tony.

Been wondering what happened to you, last talked in late April.

Wayne

NJBoostin

Dec 29, 2007
New Jersey
im in notrhern jersey imm redoing my body of my supra the motor is still in a running and everything i dont know if i am a good canidit ? i can still start it up drive it up the drive way and move it and so on just under going a rebuild and will be done with in a couple months?\let me know imm in sussex new jersey

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
i hate u, i would so do it but i am an installer myself and already have a python 990 :( can i get any tips of what you made? i just bypassed my clutch switch and never park my car in gear

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I'll answer for him.

He wouldn't sell them for 5-speed cars because he didn't want to have the possibility of having accidents where someone leaves their car in gear and pressed the remote start. He was waiting for a good enough system that would insure that an accident wouldn't happen and he wants to do the install to make sure there aren't any bugs...

cruisnhard

SM Member
Sep 27, 2007
Waupun, Wisconsin
Poodles;1132097 said:
I'll answer for him.

He wouldn't sell them for 5-speed cars because he didn't want to have the possibility of having accidents where someone leaves their car in gear and pressed the remote start. He was waiting for a good enough system that would insure that an accident wouldn't happen and he wants to do the install to make sure there aren't any bugs...

Understood, but what is different with this kit from another. On any five speed you can install a switch on the shifter with magnets, or bypass the neutral safety switch, or you can add another relay to bypass the neutral safety switch for the remote start only. I am just wandering what makes this system good enough to go on a manual car without the possibility of leaving it in gear?

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
^Just park the damn thing in neutral?

Hell it's a habit of mine. Sucks when someone borrows the car though, and i never let anyone borrow the supra.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I don't leave mine in gear either, but my folks are from the north and they leave manual cars in gear...

Point is, he was NOT going to sell a product that could lead to any liability to him if someone got run over by their own car, ect...

His choice, and I don't blaim him...

toyo4life

Supramania Contributor
Oct 8, 2006
Manchester NJ
Quick short answer. This system monitors the door triggers. Before you exit the vehicle you must engage the remote start. After that if you open the doors the R.S. feature is disabled.

toyo4life

Supramania Contributor
Oct 8, 2006
Manchester NJ
cruisnhard;1132124 said:
Understood, but what is different with this kit from another. On any five speed you can install a switch on the shifter with magnets, or bypass the neutral safety switch, or you can add another relay to bypass the neutral safety switch for the remote start only. I am just wandering what makes this system good enough to go on a manual car without the possibility of leaving it in gear?

I been installing professionally for 18 years, I performed over 12,000 remote start installs, I've worked with approx. 60 different installers. I've never seen a sucessful "shifter switch" install.