I love my Supra!

Aaron J Williams

Make It So!!!
Jul 23, 2006
Luck, Wisconsin
Last fall when I put her away for the winter I had planned to put on 3" exhaust and up the boost to 12PSI this spring. I had thought about going MHG but decided to wait until the stock one failed before doing it. After running her hard a few times this spring I have developed a small head gasket leak which only happens when I'm under boost so I'll be pulling the motor and going through it before it ever sees 12PSI. It's as if the car knew I wanted to freshen the engine and has given me the excuse I needed to go ahead and do it! What other kind of car would be so thoughtful, huh?:love:

87CandyBlueT

Banned
Feb 8, 2006
Kentucky (NKY)
LOL that is kind of how I felt back a month or so ago when I thought I had a leaky hg, But after finding out I didn't, haha I can enjoy the summer with the Supra and build my 7m this winter. BTW did you ever re-troque the bolts? I torqued mine to 72 ft/lbs when I bought it, I have had the boost to 12-13psi, have even hit fuel cut a few times. Hope the rebuild goes good, are you doing a stock rebuild?

werewolves182

is without a supra :(
Aug 23, 2005
Crownsville, MD
7M's have a way of knowing when to go wrong because they know you want to upgrade. My 7M developed rod knock just because it knew deep down I wanted a 1jz.

Aaron J Williams

Make It So!!!
Jul 23, 2006
Luck, Wisconsin
Yes, yes, no, and no.
I am crazed.
I did re-torque last spring.
I'm not doing a stock rebuild.
It will not be my daily driver now that I have my 86 FC3 going.

I'll have to consult with adjuster on the details of the build but basically I want do whatever I must to make 400hp reliably for the rest of the car's life.I already have the ARP head & main stud kits and a gasket set. I just need to research what internals to go with. Other than the fact it's going to cost me some serious change to do the job, I'm looking forward to it.