I LOVE COLLEGE!

BlindRonin

Where are my pants!
Feb 27, 2006
St. Louis Missouri
I have never had this much fun in my life all auto tech classes all the time.:biglaugh:I could die right now, and be happy. Nothing like $5 a credit hour either.

cadman

Computer Aided Drafting
Aug 10, 2006
Oregon
Nice, good luck with that. It's good to see someone going after what they like doing, and wanting to make that their job.

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
enjoy it while you can! i just dropped out of college ( didnt like the program) i lasted a little more than a week then decided to get my money back and GTFO!

i wish i could say i was enjoying my time in school! :cry:

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
JustAnotherVictim said:
I thought everything was free in Canada.

not everything :biglaugh:

i beleive all post secondary is paid for by the government if you are native / metis but im a pasty whiteboy so i gotsta pay!

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
JustAnotherVictim said:
Uhh...part creole I'm pretty sure there's some french somewhere in their also....
What if some of my ancestors were brought over on a boat a long time ago?

dont think thats gonna cut it :biglaugh:

its supposed to be part of some lame treaties and other stuff "trying to compensate them for the land we took" boo hoo.... :/

exander

Anything but Lurker
May 23, 2006
colorado
To the "everything in Canada is free" post. Nothing is free, where do you think the government gets there money from?
Answer: Taxes....Taxes in which the people pay....
So who is paying for the free med care and free education?
Answer: The Canadian tax payers.

Learned that in Business class;)

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
o rly? :icon_roll

yea its common knowledge the tax payers here foot the bill, but id rather pay higher taxes and get my hospital visits taken care of.

The free school and benifits that natives get up here is pretty much past the point of rediculous. Monthly payments and a big fat cheque at 18 (iirc), tax breaks, free schooling and other benifits.

they complain about not being treatd equal, and when you do they ask to be treated special. Its all BS in my opinion.

MKivSupra_Rob

INLINE6
Jan 22, 2006
Wpg
exander said:
To the "everything in Canada is free" post. Nothing is free, where do you think the government gets there money from?
Answer: Taxes....Taxes in which the people pay....
So who is paying for the free med care and free education?
Answer: The Canadian tax payers.

Learned that in Business class;)

you needed business class to learn that? Nvm i guess how our healthcare system works isnt common knowledge to non canadians, which makes semse.

FoolishOne

May 14, 2006
Bel Air, MD
It feels like its practically free compared to the States because you just pay one big lump sum and then do your thing, whereas here we pay per visit, so it seems 'free'. Governments don't just give away money...especially if it to its own people and not directly benefitting the government.

»fo