I know I am a Type A pain in the but

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbsupra90

Banned
Dec 5, 2011
Great Neck, New York
Just curious what you guys think of a 90 Supra with some interior modifications. Car is originally darkblue. Interior door panels are showing age. I bought two burgundy panels, couldn't get blue ones in good condition. I was thinking of swapping panels, and putting the blue cloth insert and rug onto burgundy panel. Might look funny with blue dashboard, but panels are in mint condition. Maybe I could put a cherry red burlwood dash trim to get it to blend. Just curious what your thought are. Anyway.... I would have a two tone interior. The seats are blue and would match cloth on panels. Just the burgundy vinyl door panel would clash with dark blue dashboard and probably wouldn't look right. But I have seen custom interiors.

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Grey mixed with blue or red would be fine. Blue and red however terrible idea. Blue interiors are common, I can't see it being hard to find a part out car with good door panels if you watch the FS section for a week or two.

AfterDark

Aug 10, 2009
Jerzy
You could always paint the burgandy panels blue to match the rest of the interior. As long as your prep work is good you shouldn't have an issue w/ the paint flaking off.

pbsupra90

Banned
Dec 5, 2011
Great Neck, New York
I tried that...and had little success. I would contact someone and they would tell me they are sold. Or they would not be in very condition. One guy sent me some pics, he said he was parting out 90 panels for 91 for the larger speaker, and then I never heard from him again. So it's not easy getting a decent blue interior panel. Perhaps painting what I have..... SEM products are good. But then it looks...well... painted. I guess you don't go for the idea of applying my blue insert and rug into the panel.....essentially leaving just the burgundy vinyl door liner and handle. Then I could use cherry red veneer on my console dash to tie it together. I know it won't look right. Will try to look for decent blue panels....had no luck first time. Thanx

pbsupra90

Banned
Dec 5, 2011
Great Neck, New York
Thanks after dark. Nice picture. I know SEM products are good. I spoke to a guy who does it, but problem is....it's still painted. So it doesn't exactly match the rest of the car which has been dyed. Best way to go it to get dark blue panels......but a lot of people either tell me they have sold them....or one guy sent me pics and went awol. Also I am new to this and concerned about sending money online. Tough decisions.... An interior restoration place could probably do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.