I have Rod knock :(

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
I have Rod knock on my 1jz, Where can i find parts to rebuild it??
I am looking more to fully built the bottom end, please anyone knows
where i can find piston & rods, bearings & the rest that i need. thank you.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
I got a good crank I can sell if yours is messed up

Check champion toyota. Or aftermarket 2j bearings will work.. Rings are the same i think?

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
I think that it happen over a month ago, i heard it while i was in first gear low throttle around 3k, a little weird noise & i do drive my car everyday, but i think something went bad with the oil pump, I am not sure about that though,
ok... on saturday i when to the track & ran beautiful, but everytime i rev it to 3k to launch i heard it again, i ran a few more times & after a burnout it got real loud ( the thumping) i got pissed & race some awd audi, I treed him, I ran a 13:63 @ 103 mph with rod knock, but now am looking for forged internals.

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
wajouba said:
yeah how did it break? miss use? warned out motor b4 u got it? high boost?

I am guessing it was worn the hell out, plus i made 422hp at 20 psi, i wasn't running high boost when it happen though.

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
tissimo said:
I got a good crank I can sell if yours is messed up

Check champion toyota. Or aftermarket 2j bearings will work.. Rings are the same i think?

I am looking for forged internals, good bearings, & whatever part that i need to rebuild, thanks.

Boostage

Oct 4, 2006
Florida
The Reaper said:
god damn!!! 1K for rods???!!

i'd go 1.5JZ before i did that!

eagle rods are the only cheap sub $900 I know for a 2jz. and surely u cant compare a 1jz with forged rods and pistons to a stock bottom 2jz.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
JustAnotherVictim said:
:rofl:
This is the exact reason I don't trust those "jdm" engines.

A used engine well always be a used engine, definately. No getting around that.

Fortunately though, 1Js have a really good track record for being in good shape out of clips. Not quite as good from engine sets or just an engine by itself but still pretty good.

I would trust a clip motor again if I had to do another swap. But if I had the time and money, I'd rather rebuild with some good head work while I'm at it.

I agree with Mr. Reaper though. I'd rather go with another stock JZ block than pay 1000+ for just a set of aftermarket rods... We all know the JZ engines can handle a lot of power with a stock block. Probably over 70% of JZ MK3s running around have never been opened before. Sometimes you just get a bad apple though...