I have a warrant out for me? I don't suppose we have any lawyers here....

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
Kai;961774 said:
Doward - yikes. That x1900GT is worth at least $80!!! Mines worth at least £50 GBP (they're still being sold for £65+ here...)

Anyway, its a shame i just spent my last beans on a 2JZ Manifold, otherwise i'd have been able to send you money as well. I feel excluded and useless. Uhm....want my 2JZ manifold? :D

I'll take that off your hands...lol

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
I really wish I could help aswell by sending some cashola your way, but I'm a broke ass. You are in mine and Sam's thoughts and prayers though :)

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
You guys are awesome.

Paypal, isn't. They've limited the account (though I seem to still be getting the money) until they 'review' the shipment I'm sending out. I better go box that up and drop it at Fedex like.... now.

Let me go get that boxed up now :3d_frown:

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Thank you, all. You guys are amazing! Jdub just pointed out what SC did. I'm about $500 shy at this point. I can't believe the response from the community here! I'm just speechless at the generosity here!

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
Okay.. DSBetterHalf... Go to Sumter County Florida Sheriff's website.. You need to call Criminal Records Division.. They should be able to give you information about the arrest warrant.. They should tell you 1) what its for, 2) age of the offender.. I believe arrest warrants (atleast here in Oregon they are) public knowledge.. the offense/age will tell you whats going on.. Also, call from a pay phone in a neighboring city... If it was really for him, they'd already have nailed his ass by now.. They search schooling, tax, property records...Here is the link:
http://www.sumtercountysheriff.org/criminalrecords.asp

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
LilMissMkIII;961783 said:
I really wish I could help aswell by sending some cashola your way, but I'm a broke ass. You are in mine and Sam's thoughts and prayers though :)

+1, but I'll see what I can scramble up in the mean time.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
what about the statue of limitations? i mean... its not like you murdered anyone... how the hell can they get you for something 4-5years ago... seems like there just trying to get some money...

but this is BY FAR the best car community i have ever seen... the people on here, for the most part, are some of the nicest and must generous people ever.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Rennat;961954 said:
what about the statue of limitations? i mean... its not like you murdered anyone... how the hell can they get you for something 4-5years ago... seems like there just trying to get some money...

but this is BY FAR the best car community i have ever seen... the people on here, for the most part, are some of the nicest and must generous people ever.

You aren't kidding! Oh trust me, I'm no idiot.

Statute of Limitations in Florida on a withheld sentence (s. 775.14 as seen here: Florida State Statutes 775.14

They JUST squeaked under the 5 years. That's what pisses me off so much about this. I've never left the state, always kept my driver's license up to date. At no point in the past 5 years have I ever done ANYTHING to avoid the law. Then this comes up, literally 2 weeks before it would have been 5 years to the date. A lawyer has got to be able to fight this, though. Negligence on the state's part or something!

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Rennat;961954 said:

Rennat, I'm not directing this at you, but towards an age group, which I suspect you are a part of.

I suspect you are in your 20's or so. I see these reaction from folks in your generation to these kinds of things all the time. You seem to expect fairness and justice from our system. I hate to break it to you guys, but out here in the real world, it doesn't work the way you think it should. Justice is blind, and often asleep at the switch. We are not a nation of justice, we are a nation of law. Sometimes bad law, sometimes just law wielded badly.

Sadly, more often than not, Doward's situation isn't the exception it's the norm. It's why I invest, and have invested so much damned effort into getting, and keeping, the government out of my life.

It's one of the reason why government needs to be severely limited. It should be fair and just, but it rarely happens. It has little respect for your rights at this point, and as you can see by the shit Doward is going through, they really just don't give a fuck.

Next time you think about government, or it "taking care of you", think about the bullshit Doward is going through right now.

Rennat;961954 said:

Now this I wholeheartedly agree with. Whether it's helping someone out with a car problem, or donating to help the site keep running, or helping out someone like Doward who is in a tight spot, this community rocks. I've seen a few circumstances where communities have helped members out, but this community beats them all hands down.

Thanks for helping Doward out folks. I know he appreciates it. I'm damn proud of our "Supramania family" and how fast everyone came to John's call for help.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Sent you guys some money as John already knows in a PM.

DsBetterHalf;961726 said:
You guys are awesome, we can't begin to tell you how much we appreciate all of this. Thank you so much!! *and maybe I'll post bewbie pics later as thanks, lol*

Nah, you don't have to do that.......;).........well, on the other hand, we all love some bewbs :D

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
You guys are amazing. I've had over a dozen different donations, and everytime I check, there's more.

Fan-freaking-tabulous! Of course, Paypal's currently sitting on its ass with the money at the moment, but I'm sure we'll get that taken care of. They are just freaking with all the payments coming in.

I've only sold two things so far - My Handy Mig, and the exhaust manifold setup. I can replace those, given some time.

I couldn't begin to replace the members of this community, though!

*edit* That said, Mike is right. 25 years old now, and I'm just starting to figure out how everything works. :3d_frown: