I have a transmission delema.

mercuryfreak200

?Which parents?
First off moderators if I place this in the wrong section im sorry and please move it. I wasn't sure where to post this. Ok that being said, I have this 7m motor in the garage, just sitting there beckoning to be used. I just bought a 94 zj jeep for parts, 100 bucks, well these either came with a v8 or a I6. Now the a340 is a cousin to the dodge aw4, now I know the bell housing interchanges but what about the input shafts? The shafts look about the same thickness but internally im not sure they are the same. If they are then possibly i could fit the two together right? That being said a welder and some measurements i could make a one of a kind offroad beast and get the best of both worlds. Now I am open to other trans options so if you have one to consider please post it Ireally want to do this but would like some more input before i go all in thanks.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
If the bell housing bolts bolts on then count the splines and everything with the bell housing on.

And then test fit.

As long as everything bolts up and torque converter is ok should be fine.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
At least he didn't spell it with an "n". IPT sells upgrades for all the A340 family members. They can not be that different.