I hate wiring

Xtreme

May 23, 2005
Lebanon, OR
hey, just put the new head on, and I have a plug that needs a home. It is located coming from the main loom, at about #4 cylinder. Its is a 4 pronged female plug, of which 3 wires are used. Their colors are red, black, and yellow. The plug itself is kinda clear, or maybe was white at one point. Again, it is located coming out of the loom on the drivers side of the engine(with all the fuel injector plugs, on the firewall side of the 3000 pipe. It's not the tps, coil pack, either of the vsvs, the plug that goes under the throttle body, or anything else I can see. It may go under the intake manifold somewhere, it is long enough. Can ya help me?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
if your car is an automatic, it's most likely for your transmission :)

-shaeff

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Pics would help.

There are several plugs that go down between the runners on the intake manifold. Starter, VSV, grounds (2 of them), and 2 plugs to the tranny. And one that isn't used, or at least I haven't found a car that it's used on yet.

Xtreme

May 23, 2005
Lebanon, OR
It went back towards the tranny, the other end was hiding out of sight, I finally just started tugging on wires to see if any were loose. Thanx for the help. Tomorrow it will run like a new car, yay!

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
just to clear it up, do the wires run to the top of the transmission? if so it's most likely for ABS. (i dont have ABS or an auto tranny, but i'm using an auto tranny wiring harness from a car that also had ABS, and i'm manual, so i just cut off those wires and coated the ends of them to prevent corrosion and electrical shorts)

-shaeff