I hate Toyota Hose Clamps!!!

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
Poodles;1319796 said:
When you buy the clamps new from the dealer, the lower radiator hose clamps have small clips that hold them open.

Slide over hose, put hose on, poition clamp, pull the clip and they tighten up ;)

There are several special tools for working with them, but I've never had an issue (and worm gear clamps suck ass).

I just discovered this last week! You can re-use the little tabs on clamps that have been removed as well, making for an easy install.

pb92supraturbo

FTG & the IRL!
Aug 20, 2005
Garage, under Supra
One of the best specialty tools I've ever purchased. Makes these type of hose clamps a breeze to remove and install - especially in hard to reach locations.

Attachments

• 90245.main.jpg
    90245.main.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 10

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
LMAO

Yeah, I lost those clips in the move.

Keep in mind if you use silicone hoses, most worm gears will EAT THEM. I run samco radiator hoses hence the stock clamps...

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
I just replaced my upper radiator hose a month ago because the worm gear put a nice slit in it that over time caused a leak.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I've always liked the spring clamps. :) Much easier than fumbling with a screwdriver and crappy worm gear clamps.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Bought some new clamps from Toyota a few months ago along with a new upper hose and they dont have the holding open feature:( Oh well upper hose clamps are easy enough to get at.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
CyFi6;1320620 said:
Bought some new clamps from Toyota a few months ago along with a new upper hose and they dont have the holding open feature:( Oh well upper hose clamps are easy enough to get at.

Only the clamps for the lower hose have em, top ones don't.

And the clips are a BITCH to put back on as well. I wish we had clamps like some of the euro cars have (I have em at work). If you sweeze em open al the way they automaticly lock open, then you can push the little tab and they'll spring closed.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Nope, the tab is in the center of the band.

I gotta remember where I've seen em in my warehouse, but I'll hunt em down if I can...

Also, the euro worm gear hose clamps are made differently and won't cut. The teeth are risen, not holes in the band. Like this: http://www.rmeuropean.com/Part-Number/Hose-Clamp-28---33-mm-__07129952113_GEN_E095124A.aspx

I work for WorldPAC, if you get an account you get full access to the parts catalog, but you're supposed to be able to try it out a bit, but the site isn't working for me.

Here's the direct link to it: http://sd.worldpac.com/webparts/catalog/index.jsp

Last edited:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Yep, my M3 uses the raised style worm clamps. They're a bit better than the cut-through style for sure.