I hate that...

Celicasupra1983

Jan 8, 2013
Edmonton
I agree with the abnormal noises.... I've experienced a rod go on me it not a pretty noise.... When I was still driving my mk2 around the cam noise got to me.... I seriously thought I had a rod knock.... But that's another thing....
I don't like the steering angle and the wet noodle feel when the targas out.... I hate the fact that there isn't much availability for trim parts anymore.... I also don't like where they rust.... Right on the corner where the trim meets the top of the wheel well.... And under the rockers.... At least it was a better design than the mk2 for the fact that it has a rap around bumper that covers most of the 1/4 behind the wheel..... I have a decently clean mk3 but nothing is perfect.... Just need to spend some time and money Doing small things....
.....end rant......
Bryce.

SideWinderGX;1964461 said:
I hate when people post obscenely large pictures of their shitty car.
I fixed it happy? Just because its not mint doesn't mean that it's shit. That's what I really hate is asshats that thing their shit is better than every body else's. I did not mean to have my sig picture that large. I simply wanted a smaller version but couldn't figure out how to make it that small.

Wildfire007

Dec 15, 2010
Cullman, Alabama, United States
Celicasupra1983;1964617 said:
I fixed it happy? Just because its not mint doesn't mean that it's shit. That's what I really hate is asshats that thing their shit is better than every body else's. I did not mean to have my sig picture that large. I simply wanted a smaller version but couldn't figure out how to make it that small.

I think he was joking about the picture....though I could be wrong.

Also I hate how so many PO of these cars seem to have been morons. I can't tell you how many little problems my car has had over the years that just make me wonder if the PO was really some type of lower primate that had no business owning a car.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Agreed about PO's being morons.. lol. But.. don't hate it.. it makes for a cheap base for building a good car. :)

I hate that no matter how good my car is, or how much I have done.. there is always one more thing I can do. It never ends.

By the way.. I love my 7M. It has never given me any issues. The only problem with my original 7M was a bad build from a "reputable" shop (metal filings on the bearings??? wtf?). The bearings were almost toast and the car ran like a champ. Outran a 2008 mustang on 5 cylinders the second day of owning it... (cylinder 5 plug wire had popped off because of being saturated in oil long enough to bloat over double size... ).

And.. as for value? I bought a 87 3 years ago.. it sat in the garage until a month ago when I finally got the 7MGE (non-turbo) replaced and cleaned it up and got it running like a top. Mr. Icantextanddrive rams it after my son spent about 4-6 hours waxing it, thus totaling it off. Insurance value? 8500.00. Luckily nobody was seriously injured (my 2 boys are doing physio, but they should be okay). This was a 1987 Supra NA that was missing the side trim...

The cars are disappearing faster than I would like... but it does help the value a bit. They will never be the value of a MKIV though. Just wait for 10 more years to pass and see how "rare" our MK3's are.. lol