I hate surpas!

Deeznuts

Apr 24, 2005
VA
I hate Supras too. But I gotta have a favorite and it sure anit gonna be a Honda or a Ford!!!!! I aint a fan or four bangers nor am I a fan of B.S. repairs.
I'd do the 1jz swap though the 7m has a longer stroke but I just like the way the 1jz looks in a MKIII bay.

good points for the 1jz is forged interals and Metal Head Gasket (BORN TO BE TURBOCHARGED)

7M has longer stroke than 2jz and 1jz bigger than a 1jz though.
Forge the 7m up and Metal Head Gasket etc etc make her a (BORN TO BE TURBOCHARGED) And have your fun
either way your talking a good amount of money that why I lost count.

Shoot I say figure out what you want Buy alil bit at a time.

Your crank is more than likley fixable i've had a shop weild my rods back into stock spec and reground my mains

research research look for deals bla bla bla
good luck bro

Last edited:

gmoney

supra is as stupid does!
Apr 22, 2005
CT
home1.myspace.com
does anyone in the CT area want to help me with this rebuild due to the fact if i do it ill probably screw it up and be right back at square one! or if not how much would a shop charge to do the build for me?

and what needs to be done to a jdm engine before installation? for only 300 whp. could i just do metal head gasket water pump timing belt and oil pump and a tune up and should it last for some time until i have time to do the rods and pistons? because jazzproparts is selling them for 975 shipped which is nasty for a low mileage engine and if all i would have to do is headgasket arp head studs and timing belt and water and oil pump then ill do that for a year or 2 till i have the extra cash to do the pistons and shot peened rods! these engines average 35,000 miles and thats low since mine has something like 200,000 and it just died so i think this engine could handle a little abuse for a little while.

Last edited:

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
No offense to anyone who has posted........

But I have purchased 5 jdm engines throughout the years..... I have NEVER replaced the oil-pumps nor have I done anytime of rebuild at all.... I throw in a new oil-pan gasket and front and rear mainseals...... thats it..... No probs at all. I've logged ATLEAST 25k miles in my 82 6m and have basically run the piss out of it. I know that the 7ms aren't quite as reliable, and throwing on the boost doesn't help either, but even when I did my 89T I used a JDM engine and it ran fine for the 10k miles or so I put on it.

I know someone is going to tell me a horror story about how they got one with a hole in the block or something stupid, but I figure if you can get it shipped to you for less than $1000, it'll last you long enough for you to save the money to rebuild it. And if you can drop it in yourself, it'll be that much better. Anyway, just thought I'd share my experiences with JDM engines.