i hate my lg dare.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
i'm about to break this phone in half. worst one i've ever used, even switched back to my five year old vx8600 to avoid all the problems with this phone.

terrible call quality
horrible at handling texts
keyboard/keypad not worth a damn
slow/lagging
freezes constantly

taken it back to customer service numerous times and no problems have been solved. the only plus on this phone is a great battery life, which turns into a bad thing because i just want it to die.

/rant

can't wait to get a droid, hows everyone here like them?

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
I have an older LG CE110 that has served me well for about 3 years now. I've beat this thing to hell and back.. Of course it does suck, very low quality camera, every now and then it freezes and i have to reboot it like 10 times to finally get it to not freeze on startup. Also whatever holds the screen open doesn't work anymore.. But hey....I paid like $20 for it when It was time for an upgrade.

Last edited:

IndyMK3

I Hate Godzilla Too!!!!
May 15, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
my dare lasted for about a year without to many problems ... but the screen became less responsive and more retarded so i had them send me a new one ... so we will see how that goes..... i miss my old env .... i hate full touch screen....

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
HOLY SHIT MAN! I'm the same way! Mine locked up for the first time today! I was PISSED!

Time for a droid. Fuck this dare, it is shit!

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
I've owned nothing but LG phones, and keep them an abnormally long time. LG VX8300 to LG VX8600, and now the LG Vu.

The Vu, sucks. "Phantom" text inputs when using the number pad for texting as I can't text with the tiny qwerty buttons, I.E. press "Y" but instead end up with W.w

My brother has the Droid and is always getting upset with it, but he's somewhat short tempered and quick to react.

I've been looking at the HTC Phones and am somewhat impressed with them but not entirely. I'm due for a new phone and can't find one that I want, which is quite strange for me. At this point I may be switching carriers and going back to Verizon so I can get the Google phone.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
I like my Blackberry Curve. It's not the latest & greatest, but it has fantastic call quality, etc.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
I've had the LG chocolate I, II, and now the III. I hated the first, the second was okay, and the current third is having it's issues. Sometimes when I receive a text, the phone will just shut off. It's getting more frequent. Oh, and the camera and video suck.

Justin727

T-virus infected
I currently have a LG spyder that's little over a year old now I do believe. It has served me well so far. The touch screen still works and the keypad still works. I haven't decided what I wanted when contract comes up for renewel. Buddy has an HTC and loves it to death. Still on the fence myself.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Supracentral;1506645 said:
I like my Blackberry Curve. It's not the latest & greatest, but it has fantastic call quality, etc.

I've got this for work, I like it, just want something geeky as hell and the droid screams to me that I can write code for it!! YAY!

ltzSupra

Supra Student
Jan 10, 2010
Bronx NY
I have the Blackberry Tour and absolutely love it. Droid is good too but if your into speed texting and fast internet, go for the Blackberry.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
I have an LG Viewty... Worked great until recently - the touch screen is all sorts of screwed up. Tried recallibrating it, and it's just as bad as before, if not worse.

The call quality is pretty iffy, especially on hands free.

It's only saving grace is the camera... I have got some AMAZING shots from it.

Thoughts on the Nexus One or N97?

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I've got the Dare, and I hated it when I got it, but now it is not bad. My call quality is still good, and the camera is decent. Scrolling the touch screen is irritating at times, and voice recognition is a very imaginative sumbitch. Call John..........."Did you say call Aretha?"......Fuck Off........"Command not recognized"

My wife just got the LG Chocolate III last week. She has already experienced the Text death a couple of times.

IndyMK3

I Hate Godzilla Too!!!!
May 15, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
ForcedTorque;1507071 said:
voice recognition is a very imaginative sumbitch. Call John..........."Did you say call Aretha?"......Fuck Off........"Command not recognized"

OMG this is so true ive had people ask me why im so upset and i tell them its because this bitch in this phone needs a damn hearing aid.... Call Paige.... "did you say Darius?" ....... Are you F**King High?...... "command not recognized" im waiting for that day when she says..... " Yep im blazed out of my mind"

TomFraser

I've tried 3 different types of phones

Treos
iPhone
Blackberry

I look for a few main things

Call Quality
Reception
Durability
NO LOCKUPS, Its a phone, should never freeze at all

iPhone:
Call Quality: Very Good
Reception: Almost never have reception
Durability: Terrible
NO LOCKUPS: Locks up all the time

Blackberry Tour:
Call Quality: Best
Reception: Very Good
Durability: better than iphone, not very good
NO LOCKUPS: Locks up every now and then
Other: When the battery runs low and the radio in the phone shuts off you must charge for at least 15 minutes before using the phone, even when it is plugged in, and i HATE this.

Palm Treo:
Call Quality: Good
Reception: BEST
Durability: I've woke up to this phone being in the bottom of a cooler submerged in water and it worked like a champ, excellent phone
NO LOCKUPS: NEVER, when I turn it on it turns on and makes a call.

My favorite phone is the Palm Treo. I do not need fancy things, just a simple camera SMS that looks like an instant messenger conversation and reception everywhere.

I'm using a blackberry right now and do not like the SMS organization, It is not very durable, and it freezes occasionally.

iPhone would rarely work properly for more than a day in a row, and was very expensive per month.

Palm treo all the way!