I hate being gullible.

Mark3Supraholic

Zero State
Mar 31, 2005
California
As the title states, I hate the fact I am inclined to believe things that are outlandish. Especially too good to be true deals. Well, I work in a Pool Hall, so it's expected. A guy tells me he'll sell me a cue for $150, I say sure. He thinks I'm joking, I'm thinking he's serious. I come up with some money and he looks at me with a "Are you kidding me?" look and we all have a good laugh at it. The cue is actually worth about $800. This guy has a history with me of just yanking yer chain. I don't mind that he was kidding but if he wasn't, I'd have taken it, but it never hurt to try. I didn't even know what the value of the cue was, and I just looked it up. So it'll be yet another good story to share around the pool hall, and yeah, I got a little red in the face, but I just wish I wasn't so gullible. However, I wouldn't also like to be totally skeptical, although shit like this tends to make me more that way. This is almost as bad as when I fell flat on my face right in front of the owners and managers. I still consider that one to be worse. This one was just mental pain, falling flat is more physical. Still, I just can't believe I believed him for even an instant. I thought I was more skeptical than that. Shouldn't let my guard down, not even for a second. Bah. I need a turkey sandwich.

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
Lol. Eh, sucks huh? I've become a lot more skeptical (and cynical lol) than I was when I was younger.
Hah, I remember in 4th grade (I believed EVERYTHING then) this one kid got me to buy all kinds of worthless crap. Lets see, he gave me this ridiculous little plastic compass that barely worked for 50 cents, claiming his grandfather used it in WW2. I'm sure it wasn't made more than a year before I bought it. My mom actually laughed when I told her.
Then he sold me a little capacitor, told me it was a miniature bomb, I think I dropped a buck fifty on that one...

Yeah, that was some of my highlights of stupidity lol.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
HAHA well at least you're not like the girl in my highschool BS class that thought you actaully needed to change your "Blinker fluid" every 3 mos and that you had get your brake rotors balanced and rotated when you did your tires, she went to a shop and told them all this and they laughed at her for weeks I'm sure.

NATAN666

yarrrrr
Apr 4, 2005
BC
user.dccnet.com
hahaha ya man you guys rule.....

i love being the person who sells you capacitors and tells you they are bombs..

coincidentally enough tho, that kid wasn;t lying. a capaciitor IS a small bomb. if you heat a capacitor with a flame or even just over heat it with electrical current, they make a very loud and smokey explosion. not a dangerous one, but a very loud and noticeable one.

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
wait wait wait, you feel like a dumbass because you failed to pick up on some sarcasm?

first of all don't knock yourself for it, next time you see the guy tell him you'll give him a fifty for it and a few drinks. you can't take sarcasm seriously or knock yourself for not seeing it.

just my $0.02

(if you really are gullible enough, you'll take this advice ;) )

racingtoyota007

Sep 16, 2006
Georgia
xenon1.jpg
oh comon dont you need this? ill sell it to ya for 20 dollars ;)