I guess this is the place you go when you get a Supra...

pyrows666

Oct 11, 2009
Alviso
Yeah, ive been registered on this site for a while.. but now i actually have a supra.. and i will probably be on more often.. My name is Jeff, I recently Traded my 89 firebird for an 89 Turbo Supra...

pyrows666

Oct 11, 2009
Alviso
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

the rims are not matching... i got a NEW bumper. And it has an issue that when it boost, it shakes and sounds like its misfiring... but only under boost. but i like it.

winsauce

they call me cotton jr
Sep 17, 2010
Dayton, OH
yumm... flat black targa
for the love of god remove the stock headbolts and go arp's before you push the car too hard

pyrows666

Oct 11, 2009
Alviso
So there is damage in the rear driver side quarter panel.. i dont know why it looks like that but i can assure you it doesnt look like that right now.. i had to go look 3 times.. uhm... i dont know what studs it has now but... i know it has some kind of MLS gasket..

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
nice! and what do you mean rims dont match??

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

whitemike;1653801 said:
Uhh.. what's up with the rear wheels? They sit forward in the well..

yeah that dont look good,

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
First pic looks pretty sweet. Tackle that driver rear wheel issue before doing anything else, it's scary looking lol. Let's hope it's a small suspension component and nothing major. Best of luck and welcome to Supramania.

laotionracer101

Jan 8, 2010
Arkansas
Love the spoiler, in 1/3 mode. HAHA i have the whole thing sitting in my closet, Don't wanna put it on because i'll eventually opt out for the whale tail, and not need for unnecessary wholes right?

pyrows666

Oct 11, 2009
Alviso
SO i know ive been needing to give this thread an update.. this car is awesome.. ive been having lots of fun with it!!! ..

I have not been able to smog it yet.. so yes i have been driving it with those temp stickers you get at the DMV..for almost a year now. I need to smog it and get insurance to get my tags. also by Dec. i have to pay for another years worth of REGISTRATION. The abuse i have lashed out on this supra has been constant and to my surprise, it takes the beatings as if it were to say... " IS THAT ALL YOU GOT"

On a more realistic factor, the quote "REBUILT ENGINE" is now leaking oil and has a slow coolant leak- hoses and a few other spots i can not see.. Even still the abuse continues and it takes it like a beast. I continue to keep its fluids filled and it continues to exceed my expectations... Not to mention a VERY VERY mild rod knock is has been present... Unfortunatly this is a pure case of Oil contamination & neglect. Neglect because im poor and unemployed, BUT Pick n Pull Is not far.

What has been done to my supra so far...

Unfortunatly I was on my way to work one day and at the time I was working Near a golf course. I was coming down the road and a HUGE rabbit ran across the street attacking my car and leaving my lower lip hanging on by a bolt. It had to come off. I am poor and cheap so i installed the next best thing with the hope it would come out like some thing out of Road Warrior..

THE HD (HOME DEPOT) LIP
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

It gives it the illusion that its really low... but the day i got a flat tire... even tow truck guys with flat beds were terrified..
sm_photo_missing.jpg

I decided to take the stock rims off and put some rims I thought looked good for the mean time, And was my only other option scince my tire had gone flat with no money to fix it.. 300zx rims fell out of the sky and I decided to put them on.. i dont think they look to bad... i hear its blasphemous to ride with these but... i dont care i think they look good for now. And while the wheels were off all four new rotors and pads were installed.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

a little rinse off...
sm_photo_missing.jpg

I started to stock up on parts for the supra but never really installed anything... till one day... i decided to put this to use...

HKS FMIC - I think its an old one..
sm_photo_missing.jpg

out with the old
sm_photo_missing.jpg

in with the new.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

So thats all i have done for now...
it looks like this at the moment.. in the wet scince its been raining on my satin black spray can job.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Plans for the near Future.

i have many options...

i could swap the motor out for another 7MGTE with no problems and no leaks, or rod knock. Or of course a cheaper route would be to obtain the following items:

1) Full engine gasket set- Preferably FELPRO - DISCARDING the Head Gasket & Oil pan gasket
2) MLS or HKS or Cometic Head gasket.
3) Rod & main Bearings
4)ARP hardware...

Other than that.. body wise i plan to do another, once over on the paint with some satin black with some 280Z ZG fender flares.. i have seen very few Supras with these on and, let me tell you... talk about aggressive.. It will take me a million years to get the tires to compliment such fender flares, but its all worth the wait..

pictures are coming soon.