I failed TX emissions...

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
I passed everything except for NOx, and just barely failed that. I know it's b/c of my fuel mods...Walbro, and 550's but what I wanna know is can I turn the fuel pressure down w/ my AFPR to lean it out just for the test? Anything esle I can try or do?

The guy that did suggested changing my 02, I'm thinking about doing plugs and just dropping the fuel pressure. Any suggestions appreciated.

~Bryan

Tim

Oct 16, 2006
CA
Usually NOX is caused by a lean condition, too much timing, or not having a threeway catalyst. If you are using an AFC or something like that, then chances are that your corrections for your injectors is giving you too much timing and causing high NOX readings.

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
I don't have any corrections for the injectors, I have MKIV 550's with 12b upgraded twins, the only fuel correction I have is my AFPR. I have a E-man blue but have yet to install it. Also, my wideband when cold reads super rich, when in boost it's off the charts rich, and only when in open loop does it lean out but still when under any kind of measurable load it goes rich again.

EDIT: Should have mentioned this when the lean talk first came up, but it completely slipped my mind....I turned the FP DOWN a couple points right before I went to take the test. Could that have been what failed me? I was so worried about it being too rich with the 550's. Also the car ran kinda hot when they were testing it, got up around 220*, dunno if that would have anything to do with it. Maybe I'll try chaning the plugs and bumping FP back up and getting re-tested, it's free for 15 days.

Last edited:

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
jdmvigor said:
lame!!

just take it to one of those mexican places that will do it man

HAHAHA...when I used to live in NY, I took my 73 Celica to chino's garage in the Bronx gave him $10 for an emission sticker and that was it. Emission test passed no questions asked.