I dont know were to start..misfire..

1-2clutch-u

Feb 18, 2006
chi town and ohio
Hi all, Its been some time since Iv been stumped. Plz help. Its a 7mgte and will stay that way!!! My car misfires at idle all the way to redline (never took it that far missing). This winter did alot of work to the car, motor swap and fuel pump and -6 an lines are the only things I can think that would cause this. The stock motor ran okish before the swap and mods. I have a map ecu 2 and its ran ok for about 5 years and made 400whp. The new motor was known good that made 650ish on e85 10.1cr. I did a aeromotive 340l pump intank with -6an lines feed and return. I have noticed that the gauge on my regulator dosnt hold psi after I turn off the key now nor does it rise when I try to adj it now. (The wide band o2 says Im good tho). So story time. Did the swap and all was ok car ran ok with base tune and 550cc inj. I took the boost down to 5psi and it was ok it would buck a bit part throttle but wide open above 3500 rpm it ran well. Did 2 track days. The 1st went ok motor wise (susp brakes and tire psi was all off) {btw I road race} I did not push the car too hard. The 2nd day things were a bit better. On the way home the car was missing from idle to 4k (highway speed) I changed plugs with new ones gaped at .028 No change. I swapped the coil packs to the lexus Is 300 plug n play no change. I swapped the injectors with known good 1000cc pt injectors runs rich as heck but no change. Timing belt ok and all good. I'm not really sure were to start now. Tomm I'm gonna swap the guts on the cps again and hard wire it. I might even scope it too other then that I got nothing.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
I have a extra good CPS you can borrow to test yours if you are up my way from my 87 Turbo. I bought a remain CPS but my old one was still good.

How is your engine wiring harness? Any changes to it or it is original?