I changed my oil and filter today!

GuNDeZZZ

Was dgilman360
Sep 28, 2006
Lakeland Florida
gtsfirefighter;1188985 said:
Oh the humanity of it all. I know it's terrible. Actually about every 5k miles.

So every Toyota dealership is like that I suppose. FWIW I do check.

Sorry.... Just looking out for a fellow MKIII owner

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
I found it easy to do while standing upright when I was in the pit at my work. New job now so I finally did it while on my back and it's SOO much harder haha

Who

Supramania Contributor
The problem with going to the dealer is the load of crap they try and sell you. They advertise the Loss Lead oil change for $19.99-$24.99 just to get your car in there and then tell you that doomsday is coming if you don't replace the ball bearings in the muffler. Other than the bull its a good deal.

t4boost

I gotta have my boost!
Mar 23, 2007
Arizona
LOL i think its funny you all hate dealerships! as i sit here at work ( toyota dealership ) with nothing to do but read you guys smash on us lol. Not all places are bad, but whatever....

shenronzero;1188674 said:
i sit there and watch while the mechanic does it.

I wont work on peoples cars if they don't trust me, or i will just charge them exrta since they think its a show.

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
orlando/ New Smyrna Beach FL
t4boost;1189039 said:
LOL i think its funny you all hate dealerships! as i sit here at work ( toyota dealership ) with nothing to do but read you guys smash on us lol. Not all places are bad, but whatever....

im not smashing anyone. all i said is that i dont like other poeple working on my car and that i save money doing the samething in my driveway that i would pay you for to do at the dealership... plus im a college student, i dont have the money to take it to the shop, so i have to do it myself.

my dads a mechanic and ive been working on cars since i was about 15.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
shenronzero;1189036 said:
so true... i cant tell you how much money i save by doing everything myself... well you all work on your own cars too so you actually do.

lol, I was meaning when they tried to upsale you on getting new shocks, brake pads, or something a little more complicated while they are changing your oil (one of the simplest things to do car wise, imo).

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
The audi stealership I used to work at would streach the truth sooo far when it came to what a customers car needed. I used to but heads with managment so much for not swindling customers. It eneded up making it hard to work there so I left for subaru. Boy do I love there filter location! And the 2jz definetly harder than 7m.

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
IJ.;1189088 said:
Stretch: You need to accept it as it is and not try to change it unless it wants to change ;)
(women make this mistake with guys all the time)

Ian, you are the Yoda of our little forum hahaa.
eric