I can get 1pc driveshafts made for $200 or less !!

PIONEER

Wallet Wide Open
Mar 30, 2005
Raleigh, Nc
Here's the deal. I sent a note to the groupbuy email in supramania but didnot get a reply from anyone about getting approval for getting a Group deal going.

I need Minimum of
5 people to do $200
10 People to do $190
20 People to do $180.

This is a steel shaft, not alluminum. fully balanced using your existing yokes.

You send me your old shaft, R154, W58 or A340. They cut the ends and replace the shaft with a Full 1pc unit. I had one made for my cressida GTE back in the day and I just had my Supra R154 made few days ago.

The weight of the stock R154 shaft was about 32Lbs. With the new shaft, the weight is 15.4Lbs. Yeah its not 12lbs like the Alluminum shaft but it also doesn't cost twice as much.

So you will send me your old shaft, I will get the units made. Turnaround time is 5-7 working days, and then I will ship the shaft back to you. If you have bad UJoints, that will cost you more $.

Think about it some, discuss it with others, if its somthing you guys want to do, lets get a deal going.

Here are some of the pics

shaft1.jpg

shaft2.jpg

shaft3.jpg

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
My one piece Mustang aluminum driveshaft with retail mark up was $169.....Edit: I dont know how much power they handle, plenty though.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
There is a drive shaft shop around the corner from my house, I've been meaning to ask them whats up... I dunno if $200 is a good price, because honestly, I've never priced them... But it sounds like a good price...

PIONEER

Wallet Wide Open
Mar 30, 2005
Raleigh, Nc
Nick M said:
My one piece Mustang aluminum driveshaft with retail mark up was $169.....Edit: I dont know how much power they handle, plenty though.

Man thats a hell of a price for a alluminum shaft. From what i've heard on the supra, To go alluminum its expensive and the yokes are hard to find.

PIONEER

Wallet Wide Open
Mar 30, 2005
Raleigh, Nc
Reign_Maker said:
There is a drive shaft shop around the corner from my house, I've been meaning to ask them whats up... I dunno if $200 is a good price, because honestly, I've never priced them... But it sounds like a good price...

make sure whoever makes the shaft has the ability to balance them also. Anyone can cut the shaft and weld a pipe to make it 1pc, not everyone has a machine that can balance it.

I can get a unbalanced shaft made for about $120, but that shop is also about 3 hour drive from me. I can carry a bunch in a van but might be better to just ship the shafts to them to get them made.

This other option I am offering here, the shop is 15min drive accross town. I go drop the shaft off at their shop, 2-3 days my shaft is ready, no bullshits no delays.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Well, they specialize in drive shafts, I would assume, because the word "driveshafts" is in thier title, lol...

But I can ask them about it, and if they are outrageously exspensive, then you and are gunna deal... :D I AMMMM getting a one piece... There's no question about that... I just dont need one today, lol, I need to um, get my car back together and get it running before I do that, lol...

But.... A++++ to you for hookin us up and putting this deal together! BIG PLUS!

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
hey pioneer,

the reason i didnt get back to you in a timely manner is because i was discussing this with the other moderators/administrators. (i apologize for the wait) if you gauge enough interest in this, (read: get enough people) we'll make it an official group buy, and i'll move it over to the Group Buy section.

to anyone else: pioneer is an excellent, and honest seller. i bought some mkiv rims off him a while back, and they were perfectly as described, and shipped very well, and in a timely manner.

get this ball rollin'!

-shaeff

SPD TRP

Formerly 3rdtimearound
Apr 12, 2005
Katy Texas
PIONEER said:
Here's the deal. I sent a note to the groupbuy email in supramania but didnot get a reply from anyone about getting approval for getting a Group deal going.

I need Minimum of
5 people to do $200
10 People to do $190
20 People to do $180.

This is a steel shaft, not alluminum. fully balanced using your existing yokes.

You send me your old shaft, R154, W58 or A340. They cut the ends and replace the shaft with a Full 1pc unit. I had one made for my cressida GTE back in the day and I just had my Supra R154 made few days ago.

The weight of the stock R154 shaft was about 32Lbs. With the new shaft, the weight is 15.4Lbs. Yeah its not 12lbs like the Alluminum shaft but it also doesn't cost twice as much.

So you will send me your old shaft, I will get the units made. Turnaround time is 5-7 working days, and then I will ship the shaft back to you. If you have bad UJoints, that will cost you more $.

Think about it some, discuss it with others, if its somthing you guys want to do, lets get a deal going.

Here are some of the pics

shaft1.jpg

shaft2.jpg

shaft3.jpg

Did that work out for the mkIII--no vibration issues?

I just replaced my center carrier bearing for 186.05 from Toyota, this would be a very viable alternative to buying the carrier bearing.

I have one complete extra driveshaft as I did the auto to 5spd swap.

Would be willing to ship to you so you could use the yokes to get you started. Let me know.

I will be out of town Monday-Friday for the next 2-3 months for work, so if I don't respond to you in a timely manner, that is why, but rest assured I will be back on line on the weekends.

Wayne

mullenc525

Apr 4, 2005
Nick M said:

What modifications are required to make this DS work? I remember hearing about this shaft all the time.

Dark Ninja

Jan 20, 2006
Near Philadelphia PA
well, my hanger bushing or whatever it is was going on the supra i just bought. pos 2 piece unit, to damn many parts to break. anyway, i picked up a dss aluminum drive shaft and i noticed that my shifts seemed a bit nicer(partialy due to that fact that my drive shaft wasnt slaming around right under me) and slightly better acceleration.

i paid about 470 with shipping. its nice but im on a freaking budget and that took a big piece out of it. 200 seems very nice compared. sure i saved a few pounds, but for the price at this point i dont know if ill see that big of a difference. if that $200 unit is put together well i would go with it.

as for instalation, it seems pretty simple, slide the one end onto the trans spline, lift the rear of it up to the diff and bolt on. i didnt do this because my mec had to do some work under there anyway, and lifts make crap like that 100X easier so i let him do it. the ramps i use for other cars doesnt clear the front end of my car so i gave up on it. no money for jackstands, drive shaft ate a big hole in my pocket.

side note though, i have had my car for 1 month so take what i say as you will, im no expert.

Allan_MA70

Banned
May 1, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
geee if its soooo much cheaper to have a one piece shaft why did toyota goto the trouble and expence of a 2 piece?

ohh and love the -15lbs of drive shaft +100lbs of subs way to go moit!

if you plan todo high speed or long runs I would suggest you think twice (ohh crack myself up twice - 2 piece get it :p )