I.C.E question (head units)

suprasuprax

Jul 28, 2012
California
i'm trying to get a head unit for my 88 turbo since it came with no radio, but i went to my local car audio shop and they had none that fit.

anyone that has a head unit can you please list what it is so i can take a look at my options?
and when i say head unit i'm talking about the full display ones, preferably with blue tooth and in car calling/answering because i commute everyday

thanks

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
They had none that fit it.....? It takes either standard double din, or can take a standard single din with an adapter kit. It shocks me they don't have either.

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
Canuckrz;1863685 said:
They had none that fit it.....? It takes either standard double din, or can take a standard single din with an adapter kit. It shocks me they don't have either.

This is true, I think they are feeding you BS. You should have no problem with finding a stereo.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
I have the pioneer 4400 and love it.

p1863701_1.jpg

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Yeah... pick what you want and install it yourself. Will take about an hour (if you've never done it before). Also, do your homework on the unit's signals/wiring. Some of them do not have a separate antenna signal and you antenna will stay up as long as the unit is powered on (regardless of what source you're using). I went with a Sony HU, 'cause it has that signal/wire and my antenna stays down when listening to AUX, CD1, CD2, or non-tuner sources.

suprasuprax

Jul 28, 2012
California
yeah i figured, no joke the guys at that shop seemed like they didn't care about anyone.. but yeah i'm thinking about going for a JVC KW-AV60BT. Looks pretty awesome and i like the iphone capabilities. Also anyone know where i can get a replacement antenna? one day i went to my car and my antenna looked like it had been ripped off by some drunk bastard walking down the street....i called my dealership and they said they didn't carry it anymore and i found this http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/partdetails/Torque_Solution/body/Antennas//17480 but idk if it'll work. any feed back would be cool

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
I bought a generic power antenna from my local Canadian Tire. They're about $60 CAD. I'm sure that your local parts store has something that's the same.

The hardware that came with it is (of course) useless, but if you keep the hardware from your factory antenna from above and below the sheet metal, you can use it to mount the aftermarket antenna with ease. then it's just a quick adapter to plug in power and signal to the wiring harness, and voila! You've got an aftermarket power antenna that looks every bit as good as factory. The only visual difference is that the antenna head is a cylinder instead of a sphere, and the retaining nut is a hex nut instead of the slotted dome.

I've seen more than a few fixed antennas mounted in place of the power antenna, too.