I bought myself a 240

ILikeCarsYesIDo

Permanently Banned
Nov 26, 2007
Hayward, CA
I sold my Dodge Dakota in favor of a smaller car that would be a lot better for daily driving and reliability.

It's a 89 240SX SE. It has the SOHC engine. Odometer reads 196,xxx. The last owner decided to cut the springs and put on this fat, unnecessary exhaust on it. It doesn't sound too bad. The only thing that bothers me is the cut springs, it's very bouncy and I don't like it at all. One of the best things I liked about the car was how natural it felt to me, how similar in steering, shifting, etc felt compared to the Supra.

Everything is easily accessible in the engine bay as well. I changed my spark plugs and wires on my 30 minute lunch break. Pics... soon.

ILikeCarsYesIDo

Permanently Banned
Nov 26, 2007
Hayward, CA
I don't want to sink too much money in this car. How much would coilovers be anyway?

Right now I just need to fix basic crap. And by fix I mean take it to the shop to get the AC recharged.

ILikeCarsYesIDo

Permanently Banned
Nov 26, 2007
Hayward, CA
Maybe. I just want it to not be bouncy so I may just try and find myself a set of stock springs and struts.

I'd rather spend that grand on the Supra.

x10secondzx2

I love you.
Nov 25, 2007
Viera, Florida
www.myspace.com
RazoE;1029985 said:
swap out the bumper for a 91-94 bumper...

single cams can take alot of abuse, so focus on a slight suspension set up, and you can have buckets of fun....

Saying KA24E can take a lot of abuse is an understatement. One of my buddy's ran 13.0 on a stock single cam, 100 shot, timing retarded 7 degree, and 10.5in M/T drag radials.

One thing I have learned about thes motors is they like to float valves. So if you are car literate you sould definitely tear the motor down and make sure everything is good to go.
And the pig-nose looks good if the car is freshly painted. Is it a coupe, convertible, or hatch?

Sil

Evil Empire
Jan 13, 2008
Milwaukee/Chicago
RazoE;1031561 said:
pignoses were made in 89/90, hatch or coupe..

chuki's were 91-94, in coupe, hatch or convertible (convertible only in 94)

Damn you beat me to it, was about to mention verts were for one year only. But a pignose looks good if you have a lip.

ILikeCarsYesIDo

Permanently Banned
Nov 26, 2007
Hayward, CA
Rennat;1031732 said:
how much did you sell the truck for anyways? did you even get the CA registration for it?

I did all the registration. They gave me plates on the spot at the DMV. So as soon as that happened I put it on Criagslist.

I got $3500 for it since there were problems with it.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Sil;1033003 said:
Damn you beat me to it, was about to mention verts were for one year only. But a pignose looks good if you have a lip.

yeah, 'verts were made in 92, I believe, all were Limited Edition (LE) trim and automatic, the last year for coupes and hatches were 93, and 94 was convertible only as they switched to the S14 body style...

North American 'verts were unfinished coupes, partially assembled in Japan and were commissioned by Nissan to be completed in America.

There were convertible Silvias in Japan only, that featured a hard toneau cover for the soft top and were slightly different. Those are very rare...