i am trying to post stuff without looking retarded. wish me luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2007
oakdale, california
alright, due to an IMMENSE batch of drama, a mother who doesn't do anything she is supposed to do<like pay rent> or anything else, that just doesn't mater anymore, i am stuck with some stuff.

i have been reading up for a few hours now, and i just want some input for what i AM going to do this time around. i already have the money, have everything, i just need to go get them. and i want pro opinions before i blow my wad haha.

i read rather extensively about the ct-26 turbo, and it seems my best bet for achieving around 320rwp would be to go with a 57 trim ct. now i also plan on getting a 3" elbow to ..i THINK relieve back pressure? bah, i don't want to toss around terms with high chance of looking foolish, but anyway, i also read that 440's should serve the purpose of 320whp just fine. is this true? i just want to know that if i am boosting about 10 psi on a 57 trim, do i need to worry about forged internals and the like? it is my understanding that the 7m is quite the little trooper...

so, do i simply need to make sure the egt's don't cook the little parts and make sure the engine breathes properly under such boost? or what?
also, good idea to make sure the a/f ratio is good... now i dont think i fully understand if it is better to run rich or lean, so someone please help me with that.. i think lean means higher temp? but rich means you waste alot of fuel, as running rich helps keep lower temps???

i ALMOST got away from cars.. i think i wish i had lol.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
His name is IJ, although it used to be funny when people called him 1j.

I'm in a hurry and only scanned your post, but I do know 440's are fine for 320 rwhp.

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
i am trying to post stuff without looking retarded. wish me luck.

fail.jpg

j/k, i've been waiting to use that picture for a while now :biglaugh:

lppro

LP Performance & off road
Apr 21, 2007
Sugar Hill, Georgia, United States
57 trim, exhaust, intake and MHG with stock fuel will get you to your goal. also might want to get a upgraded clutch if your a 5 speed. you DO NOT want to go lean alot this can do damage. the stock pistons and rods will be fine.

heres the parts i would use,
get driftmotion to do the 57 trim
BIC devorced DP
3" exhaust
intake (apexi)
driftmotion sperco style intercooler
2.5" hardpipes
bov of your choice.
boost controller of your choice @ 10-12 psi
boost gauge.
and if you have a little extra money a safc and wideband would be good to have.

this should very easily get you to 320 rwhp. maybe even a little higher.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Your right on all counts. To keep the EGT's down and free up power you will need a turbo back exhaust to go with your 57 trim.

You are on the right track. Keep looking for the rest the parts that make up the supporting mods required for that power level.

EDIT: The stock intercooler will support that power level. Spend the money on the wideband first.

spipedong

Level 2 Rythym Rogue
Apr 2, 2005
Eugene, OR
jetjock;922795 said:
You are going to have a hard life...:nono:

Lurk more. People like you who think that their expert status on one subject earns them the right to be shitheels to anyone they choose are a major problem on this forum. It isn't specifically this post either. You have a long history and it would do the entire forum good if you would try to keep your condescending attitude to yourself.

Thank you.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
selfinfliction;922744 said:
fail.jpg

j/k, i've been waiting to use that picture for a while now :biglaugh:

ROFLMAO! :D

I happen to agree with JJ......

You can't erase months of BS lies and crap talking with one apology.

I hope for the OP's sake he's turned over a new leaf but time will tell.

My advice is sort out your living arangements then worry about cars, your home situation doesn't sound tenable.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
So Civic, I think we all want to know....Was the 1JZ or 2JZ or JDM 7M or whatever it was all a lie or not??? If you come clean, then maybe we all won't take your threads as a joke anymore.

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
AF1JZ;923090 said:
So Civic, I think we all want to know....Was the 1JZ or 2JZ or JDM 7M or whatever it was all a lie or not??? If you come clean, then maybe we all won't take your threads as a joke anymore.

I was thinking the same thing...it's irritating when someone continually lies, and then expects all kinds of help from the same people he was a douche to.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
spipedong;922901 said:
Lurk more. People like you who think that their expert status on one subject earns them the right to be shitheels to anyone they choose are a major problem on this forum. It isn't specifically this post either. You have a long history and it would do the entire forum good if you would try to keep your condescending attitude to yourself.

Thank you.

No no, thank you. I'll take that piece of wisdom under advisement and let you know. Lmao..

See, there are stupid people in this community. Not inexperienced, not unfamiliar with cars, not even ignorant. Just outright stupid. Many don't have a lick of common sense either.

The truth is I bite down hard more often than not and remain silent. *Way* more often than not. It's time to stop doing that. If anyone doesn't like it well too bad so sad. F 'em...

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
jetjock;923110 said:
The truth is I bite down hard more often than not and remain silent. *Way* more often than not. It's time to stop doing that. If anyone doesn't like it well too bad so sad. F 'em...

I can believe this.

This should get interesting if what you propose comes to pass ;).

Ah, gotta love the entertainment this place gives me at times.

I'm curious about the whole engine swapping stories as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.