I am such a retard/n00b... help!

CDNSUPRA

1JZGTE
Jun 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Guys, I'm trying to remove my 3 piece spoiler from my 92 to replace it with a whale tail. I havent tried to get the center piece off, but I am already stuck with the sides! I have gotten the 2 screws and clip out, but I can't figure out what's holding the rest of it on! Obviously its a clip or a screw (the one closest to the front of the car), but I cant seem to find how to undo it! Please don't flame me for such a weak sauce help thread!:cry:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I think you should use a 4' pry bar and it should come off rather easily now.

It's been a while since I've had mine off, but I only remember one or two screws holding it on. It could be stuck with paint or two sided tape. Hopefully you'll have some real help come by in a second. I checked the TSRM and didn't see anything on the wings. Good luck.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
My 3 pc is held on with 1 stud on the body side, 2 screws at the deck opening and double sided tape. The only drawback to this is it isnt a Toyota factory 3 pc. Looks similar but is a dealer installed peice.

CDNSUPRA

1JZGTE
Jun 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
AHHHH! This is frustrating. It feels like theres a rubber cover or something on the inside holding it one, but I cant see up that far up. I guess I'll just give it a good yank, seeing as I'm replacing it.

too_stand

Supramania Contributor
Jul 27, 2005
Campton Kentucky
In removing the side wings, once you have the 2 screws out, grasp the spoiler piece with both hands, one at each end and try gently rocking it and it will gradually loosen. The problem is it has 2 push in studs, one on each end that you cant get to so you have to work them out gently. Dont get carried away and jerk real hard as you may crack it. In removing the center section, just take the 2 screws holding the holders where the hatch cover clips, then take that under cover off. Once the 2 screws are out, all that is holding the cover on is some push in wedge shapped clips. Once the cover is removed you have a nut on each end on a stud and 2 nuts on the center part, to locate the ones close to the end you must remove the rubber boot which is about an inch in diameter which is covering the hole. Take pains when you unclip the brake light as it is a little fragile. Once you have the nuts off the studs, then shut your hatch again and remove the one screw from each end. and all is loose. I hope this helps...

CDNSUPRA

1JZGTE
Jun 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
THANK YOU! I got the first clips one the side parts off fine, I guess it's the second ones that are giving me a hard time! Will finish that tomorrow seeing as it's dark now. :( BUT THANK YOU!!!!