I am soarerboy

SOARERBOY

bomb diggy!
Oct 18, 2009
SOCAL
HI ALL! ive been lurking this site for some time now along with a few others and as far as tech and cool members this is the site! ive been a fan of the supra for quite some time now and i always wanted one. all supras just kick ass.. i looked at a few and shopped around and didnt wanna join up too soon and introduce myself here before i could introduce my car. after looking at a few supras and sc300s i finnaly settled on a real clean 93' lex sc300. after driving one of these cars and learning of the similarities it has to a supra i truly fell in love:love: pics coming soon! but for now just know its white with tan interior and its flawless except for the fact that i havent put my personal twist on things quite yet.. i may be aquiring a 1jz and auto pretty soon but im not sure if its gonna be the weapon that i chose.. i really believe that a gtte and a 5spd is the way to go. you will see some big things comin your way soon:icon_bigg

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Welcome. That SC300 comes with a 2JZ-GE. If I were you, I'd do an NA-T swap on it with a FFIM. Shine Auto makes some pretty badass body parts for that SC300, and they're local to you. The auto trannies can be built pretty strong, although I'd rather go with a 5-speed. There's a SC300 in Florida with a 1JZ and an auto transmission that's putting down 700 RWHP ;)

Adam

SOARERBOY

bomb diggy!
Oct 18, 2009
SOCAL
cool nice to meet you man.. thanks for your reply on my intro much appreciated.. :) 1jz would be awesome i know thats what a soarer is supposed to have but my big heavy car needs some torque.. i would like to have a car i can drive all day on 500hp... thats gonna be my next thread as all your guys oppinion on things is really gonna be what makes me decide what to do..

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
Welcome to SM. This is the best. I agree with Adam about the NA T. I'm sure you have been on Club Lexus in your lurking. You can check out the Dave H NA T kit that he has there. Looks like a good kit & with an FFIM I believe it costs around $3500. I picked up a 92 SC300 5 speed here on SM for my son. Planning on going NA T with that kit when my build is done.

SOARERBOY

bomb diggy!
Oct 18, 2009
SOCAL
its deffinately an option.. but wouldnt a 1jz or even 2jzgtte be a option that could be had for that price? i see 2js go all day on ebay buy it now for less than 2k.. i work at a aerospace company here in socal and my buddy is our electronics technition and he said he can get my wiring sorted no prob.. my goal is a 500hp daily for under 12,000... is this do able in your opinions?

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
SOARERBOY;1431200 said:
its deffinately an option.. but wouldnt a 1jz or even 2jzgtte be a option that could be had for that price? i see 2js go all day on ebay buy it now for less than 2k.. i work at a aerospace company here in socal and my buddy is our electronics technition and he said he can get my wiring sorted no prob.. my goal is a 500hp daily for under 12,000... is this do able in your opinions?

Umm, your SC300 already has a 2JZ-GE. FYI there's only 1 t in GTE. Going N/A-T with a Front Facing Intake Manifold (FFIM)would be the best option for you. This would basically turn your 2JZ-GE into a 2JZ-GTE. When you do so I'd upgrade the fuel system, including the fuel pump, fuel rail and injectors, fuel pressure regulator (FPR), a A/F wideband (instant air to fuel ratio gauge), and a standalone ECU.

I'm not sure if the kit SWD Fredester mentioned includes the intercooler piping and intercooler or not, but you would also want to get those as well.

SOARERBOY

bomb diggy!
Oct 18, 2009
SOCAL
OMG!!! new good news i think.. ok so i found this guy whos gonna trade me my 91 civic for his 1jz.. i dont have room for the car and its prolly about equal value as the motor.. i really need the room more than the car.. so im gonna go check it this week and see whats up.. has everything but the ic piping and ignitor in which i plan to upgrade anyways.. also thank you for correcting me on the whole gte thing and the info on the "FFIM" :icon_surp so any thoughts?::fundy::

SOARERBOY

bomb diggy!
Oct 18, 2009
SOCAL
dang it.. all you guys have the cool mk3 owner icon on your name or whatever... wheres my sc300 owner icon!!!!!!!!???:cry: oh and aj dizzle.. im in santa clarita:)

Last edited:

SOARERBOY

bomb diggy!
Oct 18, 2009
SOCAL
ok so i been thinking.. maybe swap 1jz for now and build the GE because its got 100k mi on it.. or get the 1j and put her on a stand and build that... this car must be able to go on long trips and such.. im prepared to spend money if i gotta.. the 1j is just there for trade and its almost like its free.. i need this car outta my yard.. and its so convenient for me.. which is a better motor to build for a daily 500 hp? and say more on race gas? i need info.. on which is gonna be more reliable, powerfull, cost effective.. which would be easier to manage fuel wise and why? this is gonna go down in a number of days.. i understand the GE is a easy route but what should i do in prep.. i would figure a mhg, arpstuds, FFIM, fuel, and a turbo kit but where would that put me capability wise? do gte pistons fit in the GE with GE heads? oil squirters a big deal? 1.5jz? im looking for the most well engineered aproach.. hmm.. ok i think its now appropriate for my first real thread!! :)

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Well in that case I'd definitely trade the Civic for the 1JZ since it's a win win situation. This would be the ideal time for you to build up that 1JZ on a motor stand while you drive the SC300 around. Both motors are very strong, although the 2JZ-GE is more capable of high HP numbers because of its displacement (2.5 liter vs. 3 liter). Both are very reliable engines and both are very strong. What's your final HP number? You can easily build both motors. 500 RWHP is an easy thing to do, although since you're getting the motor for free the 1JZ would be the most cost effective route since you can sell the 2JZ-GE once you swap in the 1JZ.

Driftmotion makes 500 RWHP bolt on kits for both motors. If I were you I'd build the 1JZ on the engine stand. Upgrade all the internals, knife edge the crank, build the head, etc... Hell, you can sell the stock twins off the 1JZ for $200 to recoupe some of your money that you'll spend on go fast goodies. And while the motor is on the engine stand I'd pull off the intake manifold and polish that since it'll be damn easy to remove.

For the 1JZ and 2JZ, 500 RWHP is a walk in the park.

SOARERBOY

bomb diggy!
Oct 18, 2009
SOCAL
thanks honestabe.. checked your build thread.. wow! lots of big things over there :) love the flush mounts... sexy supra and 1j :)

nightrider760

Sep 25, 2008
escondido , tijuana
SOARERBOY;1431289 said:
ok so i been thinking.. maybe swap 1jz for now and build the GE because its got 100k mi on it.. or get the 1j and put her on a stand and build that... this car must be able to go on long trips and such.. im prepared to spend money if i gotta.. the 1j is just there for trade and its almost like its free.. i need this car outta my yard.. and its so convenient for me.. which is a better motor to build for a daily 500 hp? and say more on race gas? i need info.. on which is gonna be more reliable, powerfull, cost effective.. which would be easier to manage fuel wise and why? this is gonna go down in a number of days.. i understand the GE is a easy route but what should i do in prep.. i would figure a mhg, arpstuds, FFIM, fuel, and a turbo kit but where would that put me capability wise? do gte pistons fit in the GE with GE heads? oil squirters a big deal? 1.5jz? im looking for the most well engineered aproach.. hmm.. ok i think its now appropriate for my first real thread!! :)
:icon_razz:biglaugh:

Well If you want to trade in your civic for that 1j its ok you could sell it and make some profit. This is why you should think about going Na-t

2JZGE Wins

* 2JZGE is smog legal- Governator of California will send your car directly to the referee if your get pull over if they see the 1J, because that engine was never sold in the US, and It lacks of torque.
* 1JZ is a good engine but Ge will make more power just work with the engine you already have.
* more displacement and torque that you looking for
* 2JZGTE pistons , OEM MHG, 550 USDM injectors can be used into the ge
* Buying afc neo will run you about 350 dlls so if you spending here and there in electroinics to controll that engine sooner or later you will find your self buying a stand alone Ecu.
*Trade in that !JZ for your civic and sell the engine and buy your self AEM that's a plug and play ECU.
*Tell the kid to sell his engine and give you cash
* NA-t ability to run and spool up bigger turbos
* Any 500+ car should use arp's to ensure evrything is tight enough to handle power.
* YOu could also use a GTE valve cover and boom instant GTE
* Oem parts already available for ge.
* Handle long trips as well

-

sparkplug619

2 Supras, 1 Paycheck =[
Sep 28, 2008
San Diego California
1.5 jz!!! why not? super strong 2jz 3.0 block. super flowing 1jz head.

I say rebuild the 1jz head

rebuild the 2jz block, get it ready for turbo and slap them both together!