I am on Jury Duty

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
Well I got called in for my 1st jury duty service, which I didn't really mind the first day but guess what. I have been selected to be on a jury of a case that will last an estimated 1-2 weeks. So I will be answering emails and pm's and shipping orders VERY early in the morning and late at night.
I have Greg taking over a bunch of my work until I am finished but it so far isn't looking very good for a quick trial
If this isn't in the right spot please move it, I won't mind

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
ick.. jury duty.... have fun. Thanks for the heads up, Jack.
Remember, it's not just the defendant's right for a speedy trial ;)

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Oh, c'mon... what's so bad about jury duty. Just remember to have fun and let your enthusiasm show through. Bringing your own beverage and popcorn is sure to make the day pass quickly. Remember to ask LOTS of questions. If things start getting a little slow, remember, there's nothing like starting a stadium "wave" to help perk things right back up! :evil2:

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
CRE said:
Oh, c'mon... what's so bad about jury duty. Just remember to have fun and let your enthusiasm show through. Bringing your own beverage and popcorn is sure to make the day pass quickly. Remember to ask LOTS of questions. If things start getting a little slow, remember, there's nothing like starting a stadium "wave" to help perk things right back up! :evil2:
That's gold...

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
You lucky bastard!!! God what I wouldn't give to get it. I have a CJ degree and I have always wanted to serve......:icon_bigg

And whats not to like your Job has to pay you and the Gov pays you. Its win win!!!!!

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
I got a jury duty slip and lost it! :3d_frown:

No I dont know when to go and I was really looking forward to it :cry:

Is there any way I can find out when Im supposed to show up, its probally already happened

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
I was on jury duty in August, and it rocked. I sat on a four day medical malpractice suit for something like $700,000 and got picked as jury foreman. We found unanimously for the doc. Sad case of bad luck, but not the doctor's fault.

As for pay da89soup? Yeah, $12.50 per day - $5 pay and $7.50 expenses. I'm going to take a vacation with the $100 I got for 8 days service to go to, uhhhh, the next town for lunch and back again. :ugh2:

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Well I never said you got rich doing it!!!!!!:biglaugh:

They feed you for free though dont they??????? For some of us just getting off of the ramen noodle for a day or two would be worth it..........lol:icon_bigg

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Oh yeah, they feed you alright. It comes right out of the $7.50 a day for expenses - just about the cost for a sandwich, chips and a drink in downtown L'ville, lol.

Edit: ...and parking's another $4 :icon_conf

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
OK I can finally talk...1st JD sucks when it is a criminal case. I got paid $20 per day and .27 milage.....I live 3 miles away so I could at least buy a pop on the way.
NOW about the case
I was not aloud to discuss any matter before but it's ok now that it's over
The Defendant was accused of 2 counts of sexual misconduct and two counts of sexual assualt. Both of the victims we between the age of 13 and 16 and he is 42 at the time of the assualts and in a authoritive position (teacher wanna be). In this case they had 13 jurers and just before deliberation one jurer(the alternate) was dismissed. I of coarse sat there for 5 fuckin days listening to VERY in depth acts done to these girls and was randomly choosen as the alternate so I was dismissed before deliberation. I decided to stick around for the verdict because I had already devoted so much time to it. While waiting around I started talking to the investigators involved outside the court. Turns out the defendant has done this a few times and has 4 more counts pending in another county that the jury never was told about. The investigator also informed me that the defendents girlfriend of 8 years whom was present the whole trial was 22 years of age. If you do the math his girlfriend was 14 when they first started "dating". She would never admit to anything so the investigator was not able to do nothing to get him on that one.
Once the jury came back, they found the dirty prick GUILTY on all 4 counts...which equals about 40 years in jail in good old Oak Park Heights High Security (about 3 miles from where I live)
I went back to the deliberation room after because most of the jurers were trembling when the verdict was read and let them know the info none of them were told during the trail. At least I could see a weight lifted from their shoulders when they found out this creep was a complete scumbag and they put him away

I just thought I woould update every one....Orders and emails will be back on track on Monday

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Bummer on getting picked as the alternate. I was going to be seriously irritated if I had been randomly picked, myself, but that didn't happen. Sounds like justice was served here, so it wasn't a waste of your time.

BTW, I grew up in Somerset - just 8 miles east of Stillwater, and we make it up there every summer to see my family. I miss the area a little...