I AM A NOOB!!

MaD70

Jun 12, 2006
Florida
whats up guys just got a MKIII a couple weeks ago and here's what i got:
87 pearl white turbo, sport top, 5spd(is there anything else?), Konig 17' wheels and brand new tires, ran rich until i replaced airflow meter w/ lexus afm, stock injectors (is that ok w/ lex afm?), "custom" (its pretty terrible:3d_frown: ) BOV pipe w/ adaptor, and thats it! its got a few acessory wiring problems and a few things that need to be replaced but ive had a bug for one of these for a long time, so its worth the trouble? anyways any suggestions for power? and also i have a number 11 error code but i flow charted it using my shopkey and everything checked out ok except for one of the erminals i probed had slightly lower voltage than all the others( by ~1.5 volts):1zhelp:

Justin727

T-virus infected
1. To study (something) thoroughly so as to present in a detailed, accurate manner

Find, read, and use the search function as much as possible. You will answer your own questions and you will learn alot of new things.
Then once you learn you'll start doing the "right" thing and you'll be proud of yourself once you post pics in the gallery of what you have done!!!
;)

MaD70

Jun 12, 2006
Florida
well its good to see that you guys have a sense of humor and although i am a noob to the mkIII i AM NOT a noob to automobiles... so an fpr and 550's are a MUST? or can i get away with it for right now?? im going to get the injectors eventually i just got the car about three weeks ago soooo....:bigun2:

MaD70

Jun 12, 2006
Florida
also the only reason i did the lex afm is because the one in the car was fried and it was making the car :eek: EAT fuel like crazy... for example 1/2 of 1/4 in 15 min idling rich and i checked the resistance values on the afm and one of the prongs was actually "telling" the ecu that it was very cold thus, ginormous black clouds of stale fuel(car was sitting for sometime):thumbsdow

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Yeah, no kidding... get your fuel system set right, and don't go driving around on it until you do!

Where in Florida are you located? I've got a spare stock AFM housing.

MaD70

Jun 12, 2006
Florida
just out of curiousity how could i hurt the engine by running the lex afm without larger injectors and the fpr :dunno: and what f*** does ftw and btw mean?:wtf:

MaD70

Jun 12, 2006
Florida
Doward said:
Yeah, no kidding... get your fuel system set right, and don't go driving around on it until you do!

Where in Florida are you located? I've got a spare stock AFM housing.
stuart fairly south of you

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
MaD70 said:
just out of curiousity how could i hurt the engine by running the lex afm without larger injectors and the fpr :dunno: and what f*** does ftw and btw mean?:wtf:

FTW= For The Win
BTW= By The Way

Running a Lex AFM...obviously, allows better AIR flow...
You are getting more air than fuel...(Stock injectors)...Therefore, would cause you to run lean. Of course, someone correct me if I am wrong...but that is what I'm understanding.

Same concept if you have 550's and no LexAFM/MAFT...You get more fuel, running really really rich...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
MaD70 said:
well its good to see that you guys have a sense of humor and although i am a noob to the mkIII i AM NOT a noob to automobiles... so an fpr and 550's are a MUST? or can i get away with it for right now?? im going to get the injectors eventually i just got the car about three weeks ago soooo....

did you even READ post #7? all the info on the lex + 550 upgrade is in the included link. what other questions could you POSSIBLY have after reading that?

-shaeff

MaD70

Jun 12, 2006
Florida
well im taking everyones advice and its parked until i get the injectors and fpr :thumbsdow has anyone ever heard of lucas injectors? google the fuel injector clinic and check em out!! 550cc peak and hold( low imp) 340 for all six!! let me know what you think..