Hydrofan res relocation help

pnutcar

1jz Asshole :)
Jan 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
I need to re-route the lines for the hydro fan for my new setup. What is a suitable material hose to use? Can I use regular coolant line? These are the lines coming off the cooler. I'm not sure what temp they get up to or what pressures they see. Braided ss is NOT an option. Any help? Thanks everyone.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
is it the low pressure line you are wanting to replace or the high pressure line

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
For what its worth, My low pressure line is regular heater hose and it seems at though it is sweating fluid after the car gets up to temp. I need to find something more durable.

pnutcar

Jan 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
tlo86;1261602 said:
is it the low pressure line you are wanting to replace or the high pressure line

Not sure, its the line off the res to the pump and from the cooler to the res. I've never messed with this before.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
pnutcar;1261635 said:
Not sure, its the line off the res to the pump and from the cooler to the res. I've never messed with this before.

does it look like something you can easily pull off and replace with another hose or is it something that bolts in and is durable like it is holding a lot of pressure (think power steering like from the pump to the rack is the high pressure line, from the rack to the reservoir and from the reservoir to the pump is low) you'll need a high pressure line if thats the case.. and braided might be the best option..

i think driftmotion has one...

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
GotTurbos?;1261613 said:
For what its worth, My low pressure line is regular heater hose and it seems at though it is sweating fluid after the car gets up to temp. I need to find something more durable.

good idea to find something else i did that as a temp thing on my power steering

pnutcar

Jan 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Its the lines that fit over the ends of the hard lines and have squeeze clamps at the ends. I'm going to see if hydraulic line will work. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
pnutcar;1261872 said:
Its the lines that fit over the ends of the hard lines and have squeeze clamps at the ends. I'm going to see if hydraulic line will work. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't.

sounds like a low pressure line you can probably use anything for