hydraulic PS??

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
IJ.;1980868 said:
It's not quite that simple, I replicated the stock signal with my MoTeC and it's variable voltage not on/off.

Maybe I wasn't very clear but that's what I meant by "reduces the voltage as speed increases"
And if what I have read is correct it should be fully stiff by 80mph... Did you use the MoTeC to replicate the signal to change the parameters? (have the steering stiffen faster) or for some other reason??

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Dirgle;1980871 said:
Is it variable voltage or PWM?
Voltage from memory

jdmfreak;1980872 said:
Maybe I wasn't very clear but that's what I meant by "reduces the voltage as speed increases"
And if what I have read is correct it should be fully stiff by 80mph... Did you use the MoTeC to replicate the signal to change the parameters? (have the steering stiffen faster) or for some other reason??
This was with the LSx, my car was non PPS being an 86.5.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
The pulley size difference is because of PPS/non-PPS and pre and post 89 (pre-89 has a steering dampener, they made the pulley smaller when it was removed to raise the pressure in the system).

suprahflyg

Prodution N's MA70!
Mar 6, 2013
California
i found out the also look different. if you take it out then i think the pps has a tube thingy sticking out and the non pps doesnt. or thats what they showed me when i took it to a shop