hydranemesis anyone??

djazem1

Nov 12, 2007
philly
hey guys im looking to get a standalone ecu, my brother whos a big mr2 guy turned me on to this hydranemesis Plug-and-play ecu. The guy whos tuning my car also has an mr2 with the nemesis in it. From what i can see all the mr2 guys are using it with great success and i was thinking about trying it out. I searched on here but couldnt find anybody using it. Any info would be great

Thanks, Azem

oh and heres the link to the website

http://www.hydraems.com/nemesis/nemesis/nemesis_hardware.html

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
an engine is an air pump. The EMS that controls it is irrelvant as long as it is able to control the "air pump" correctly.

That means 4, 6, 8 or 12 cylinders. Does not matter. Every car has a EMS that everyone goes to because of reason X. Does not mean it can not run with OTHER EMS to include hydraems.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Software and Support are the 2 biggest factors in making an EMS usable, if either are lacking it doesn't matter what features or how advanced the hardware is it will be an exercise in frustration/futilty and become very expensive after a few engine failures. (trust me on this I have first hand knowledge)

djazem1

Nov 12, 2007
philly
Thanks IJ but none of the mr2 guys complain about bad software or crappy support....as a matter of fact they use the nemesis more than any other EMS. i will keep what you said in mind cuz i definitely no you have first hand knowledge haha

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
My post was just general advice for any EMS not this one in particular ;)

If it has the feature set you need at a price you can afford and you can tune it or have it tuned and it fits my other criteria by all means go for it and keep us informed how it behaves.

djazem1

Nov 12, 2007
philly
thats another reason i am thinking about getting it haha no one els has it, i wouldn't mind trying it out on my car....... who wants to help pay for the test?? hahaha.

Thanks, IJ ill definitely keep you guys informed after i get it in about a week or two.

-Azem

djazem1

Nov 12, 2007
philly
yea its only $1200 for a pre 89 supra tho....i think? (i cant go on the website im in school and its blocked... labeled as forums :sarcasm:)