Hybrid's 1990 MA70 Turbo Preservation

Status
Not open for further replies.

kemicalx

BHGBTDT
Dec 12, 2005
Geelong, Vic
Hybrid;2047978 said:
That is one awesome set of wheels Kemiclx, and very very rare!

If you are ever in the market I have a Tom's C5 ECU, Intake Pipe and Wastegate I would be willing to let go of :)

I'm no longer running a 7M, but maybe in the future!

DeSloth;2047982 said:
Wow! How ever did you find those?

Months of obscure Google searching with Google translator ;) Though I didn't expect to find new old stock.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
I am in awe of some of your finds.

Seems like there is not nearly as much on yahoo japan as there used to be. Also Hybrid do you use a broker to help with the shipping?

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
Very nice work, you are doing all the things I have dreamed of doing to mine. (So close to just buying that HKS exhaust.)

Did you happen to replace the turbo elbow and down pipe as well? I have the BIC DDP, but I don't know if I can ever bring myself to install as I want to stay as stock looking as possible too!

By the way, in case you were wondering, this is what your cool NON SMOKERS BOX says:
(Translated a bit literally for fun.)

Notice (This more literally translates to "please" in Japanese. All part of the politeness.)

1. This item is not an ashtray.
2. Please do not use for anything other than the storage of small items.

In case you want to have more fun with Google or other translators: (It really flubs up the second line!)

お願い

1.本品は灰皿ではありません。
2.小物入り以外には使用しないでください。

2jzcoupe

Jun 23, 2015
Phoenix
I have that same exhaust on my car with 3in down pipe and no car and it's very mild still sounds stock with a little deeper note. I really like it since it gives that factory look. Great looking car by the way.

loc182

Jul 3, 2013
Grove City, Ohio
Hybrid;2054000 said:
a LIPP elbow from off Suprsports workshop car. The beauty of this is the elbow looks idential to the stock item yet flows substancially better.

I have always wondered about this elbow, but now the search is on! Thanks for the tip and the kind words.

kemicalx

BHGBTDT
Dec 12, 2005
Geelong, Vic
I'm continually impressed with the work you do, hope to see this thing in the flesh one day when it's all done. Plan on taking it to any shows?

Status
Not open for further replies.