HT5sSilverSupraT's Build Thread

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
I'm not really sure what constitutes starting a build thread but I figured I would start one and add to it as the small projects come and go. Unfortunately I don't have any HUGE projects (like turbo upgrades or fun stuff) lined up YET, but they will come eventually.

So anyway, these are some pics I took today. You'll have to ignore the dirt though. The car was sitting for nearly 3 years, I just got finished working on it (R154 swap) and haven't washed it because the roads are wet and dirty. Here is my 87 hard top....HT FTW! :icon_razz

I love the front of the car without headlight squirters and emblems :D

The car is TOO low in the front right now, I'll raise it up later. I like where the back is sitting though.

And the interior....(not completely back together at the moment).

List of stuff that has been done:
Exterior
- Shaved emblems
- Tinted windows
- JDM folding mirrors
- 89+ tails
- MKIV TT rims

Interior
- '00 Celica seats
- All black vinyl and carpet
- 3 gauge A pillar pod (still need 2 more gauges though)
- 89+ climate controls
- All red lighting and LEDs in the dash

Performance/Drive train
- Rebuilt motor w/ 5k mi.
- R154 swap
- Blitz Nur Spec cat back
- Custom test pipe
- MBC
- Greddy strut brace
- Greddy Type R BOV
- Walboro FP
- Tein Flex coilovers

List of stuff that WILL be done: (approx order of importance by section)
Exterior
- The HID headlight conversion here on SM
- Shaved moulding
- Shaved door handles
- Possibly 89+ spoiler (I really like the new tails with the older spoiler though)
- Rear visor
- 100% custom lip kit (I have drawings but won't share until I start the project :naughty: )
- Probably get some better looking rims, but those are way down on the list right now

Interior
- Reupholstered black leather rear seats
- Custom fiberglass sub/amp/spare tire setup in the trunk

Performance/Drive train
- Turbo kit of some sort, not sure what I really want yet
- Custom FFIM w/ hard pipes and FMIC
- Custom DP
- Larger injectors and fuel pump depending on turbo
- EBC
- A standalone setup, again, haven't decided what I should get yet
- Stage 2 or 3 clutch
- 1 Piece drive shaft, probably just aluminum
- Wilwood calipers and rotors front and back
- Adjustable sway bars

Probably other things but that should just about explain my plans/hopes/dreams :)

UPDATED PICS

Last edited:

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
Already made a thread but thought I should add the pics here as well. This is my gas filler neck relocation. It's part of my shaving everything project.

Where it's going too....

How it's getting there....

The new pipe.... (the welds aren't pretty but they're air tight :icon_bigg )

AND.... DONE

To the tank:.............The filler:

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I've got to hand it to you, that's pretty nice thinking on the gas filler mod, I like it... The only drawback is of course, having to pop the hatch each time you fill up. Great work so far. I find it kinda amazing that you've already got some expensive ass coilovers on the car and not very many performace mods. You're doing it a little backwards from what most people do, but that's alright! It sets you apart from the crowd ;).

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
Small update. Finished shaving and got it primered before winter.

editedpic2smna5.jpg

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
Thanks for looking guys, glad you think it looks "ok" so far :)

7Mboost said:
I can appreciate the work into its great just unsure of how I like the completely shaven body.

Yeah, sadly I feel the same way... In person it looks a LOT better than that pic. But it's still only primer, I'm afraid once it has nice candy paint (black) on it I'm not going to like the shave :( I've photoshopped the Bomex sides, rear pieces, a custom front lip and wheels, I like the way it's looking but I'm still worried about when I paint it...

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Hey man nice start to a long build.

I'm pretty sure i saw your car on Stadium way in Pullman a month or so ago before it was primered and wondered whether or not you were on the forums. I had to ditch my car back at my parents house for the winter but hit me up if you need an extra hand with your build. Havent had a chance to work on another supra in a while.

~Luis

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
Wow, didn't realize that you were in the area! Thanks for the offer too, I might have to take you up on it sometime. Right now I don't have a garage so I'm looking for a new place, either Moscow or Pullman, that has a shop I can work in over the winter.

I have a temporary engine in the car right now with the engine I'm building up on an engine stand (so if my car sounded like shit, that's why).

So where is your car at? I can't ever remember seeing a white MK3 in the area.

Thanks again,

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
did you have a local shop do that body work or did you do it yourself? i already shaved the wing, antenna, and rear wiper but still want to do the mouldings and gas tank...

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Car looks awesome man, hit me up if you need a hand as well, Id love to see the car in person. Who new there was MKIII population in the pullman/moscow area

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
HT5SSilverSupraT said:
So where is your car at? I can't ever remember seeing a white MK3 in the area.

I only had it in Pullman for like 2.5 months and didnt drive it much, i did a few trips over to Moscow in it but got bored and just parked it back home in wenatchee.

Pm me some time i'd really like to see this car and how you did the bodywork/ fuel filler relocation. Maybe i can talk you into goin Maft-Pro.

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
89Turbo said:
did you have a local shop do that body work or did you do it yourself? i already shaved the wing, antenna, and rear wiper but still want to do the mouldings and gas tank...

I did all the work myself. The one thing I have left to do is fiber glass the center tail light (89+) into the welded up molding. Good luck if you go to do it yourself! It's not that hard skill-wise but takes a lot of time and it helps to be a perfectionist type of person.

americanjebus said:
Maybe i can talk you into goin Maft-Pro.

LOL! Talk me into it?!? The only reason I haven't done it yet is $$$. :) But now that I know you have done it, I know who to bug!

I'll PM both you guys soon, gotta meet up before the snow flies hah

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
HT5SSilverSupraT said:
I did all the work myself. The one thing I have left to do is fiber glass the center tail light (89+) into the welded up molding. Good luck if you go to do it yourself! It's not that hard skill-wise but takes a lot of time and it helps to be a perfectionist type of person.

LOL! Talk me into it?!? The only reason I haven't done it yet is $$$. :) But now that I know you have done it, I know who to bug!

I'll PM both you guys soon, gotta meet up before the snow flies hah

please post pics of the rear when your done i am very interested to see what you did back there and how it looks/

rs4rush

Jan 25, 2007
Kirkland, Wa
Nice build! We should get together soon! I didn't think anyone even lived remotely close to me that owned a Mk3! I want to see the work you have done. When do you plan to paint it?

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
The plan is to get it painted by SILV. I'm still working on exactly how I want to paint it. I'm doing the design as well as the painting myself. I'm up in Spokane every weekend (not with the Supra though) so as soon as I get the car back together I'll let you know and we can meet up. It was running really rough when I parked it for the winter, so yeah...

supraguy - I welded up all the channels using sheet metal. Formed what needed to be formed using a hammer and dolly. Any of the parts that were plastic to plastic or metal to plastic were all fiberglassed together (riveted where needed). I'm working on the rear section right now, definitely the most challenging part! I will try to post pics as soon as I have the internet at home.

Now that winter is gone I should have more updates coming soon!

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Let us know if you want some help theres a few of us in the area more than willing to put in some wrench time to have another supra to cruise with.

What else is left on your list of work to be done?