Howdy everyone.

PhxBlue

Feb 9, 2014
Arizona
Another newbie... i own a Supra. yadayadayada.. :icon_razz

Its an 87 Targa Turbo. I owned 2 MK1's back in the day as well. Anyways here she is.

PhxBlue

Feb 9, 2014
Arizona
Well since you asked so nicely.. :icon_surp

My daughter is a big fan of the targa.

Nothing fancy to see here. All the goodies are below the surface.

And this is what it was brought back from in 2003. Had been rotting in someone else's yard with a blown head gasket.

PhxBlue

Feb 9, 2014
Arizona
This car was purchased as an 800 dollar clunker in 03 by my father. Shortly after he decided to make a project out of it. For 3 years he and I tore it down and rebuilt it mostly in his garage though there was some professional work done on the block and head. After that he parked it in his garage for several years where it hardly saw the light of day. I convinced him a week ago to just sell it to me, which he did.. It's game on with this car again now that im in charge.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
PhxBlue;1989944 said:
This car was purchased as an 800 dollar clunker in 03 by my father. Shortly after he decided to make a project out of it. For 3 years he and I tore it down and rebuilt it mostly in his garage though there was some professional work done on the block and head. After that he parked it in his garage for several years where it hardly saw the light of day. I convinced him a week ago to just sell it to me, which he did.. It's game on with this car again now that im in charge.

Nice. I'm assuming you guys had the car repainted at some point?

PhxBlue

Feb 9, 2014
Arizona
The interior was abysmal once upon a time.

Its been remedied for the most part. However, its dang near impossible to find a beige my87 steering wheel or extra parts for it. Everything is either gray or for the my89...