How would you fix this? (body work)

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
Hey everyone,
So I'm going to be prepping my car for paint and I'm not sure what the best way to fix my bumper is. I knocked my supra into the side of a dirt road and the bumper got a little crushed. as you can see the metal piece on the bottom of the bumper got bent but I can just bend that back. the part i'm worried about is on the bottom its bent more then you can see in the picture so I can't just slap some bondo on it. I could maybe put some fiberglass mat and sand that down. what do you guys think.

IMG_2700.jpgIMG_2701.jpgIMG_2699.jpgIMG_2697.jpgIMG_2696.jpg

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
That metal bracket doesnt look stock to me. the round bar one.

personally id just look for a better condition one. There pretty cheap at pick and pull. I found a clean 89+ one at pnp for 20 on 50% off day.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Nah, it's all stock, it's just badly bent and warped. Heat gun will help take the bend out, as will correcting the steel bracing.

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
poodles is correct, heat gun will make it pliable, wear leather gloves as you need to get it hot. almost to the point of blistering it. then you need to hold it in shape as it cools

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
alright sounds good I'll give that a try. the only pic and pull is two hours away and they have 2 supras right now (usually they have none) so I was going to go look at the bumpers, but I doubt I'll find anything good. my bumper is pretty good except for that so I hope I can keep it.

Thanks