how to wire stock radio for aux input?

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Pretty sure it's not possible for the stock radio. Best best would be to use one of those frequency transmitters through the radio station.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
The stock radio only had output signals to the speakers. You're best bet is to buy an aftermarket radio with aux input. They aren't even that expensive anymore. Stock Radio FTL.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Or you can find a stock head unit for a later Toyota with CD changer controls, and mod the input to an aux input. I got a free CD player from an 02 corolla one time that worked. All later Toyota head units are plug and play with the MKIII.

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
Umm guys he's trying to attach a cd player via AUX input, why not just buy an aftermarket headunit? You get SOOO many more options with aftermarket. Shit even a cheap ass jensen would work.

Oh, and Kyle, you're a homo. :D

MA717MGTE

boostaholic
Apr 2, 2005
Bristol VA
annoyingrob said:
Or you can find a stock head unit for a later Toyota with CD changer controls, and mod the input to an aux input. I got a free CD player from an 02 corolla one time that worked. All later Toyota head units are plug and play with the MKIII.

really? so my stock 00 Tundra CD/Tape deck would work?

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
our cars have the newest version of the plugs. The Scion Pioneer headunits are decent and I believe they fit pretty well into our console. Also, you can find some Camry or Lexus headunits with decent amps. The nice thing is that they are cheap on ebay (or cheaper on the forums, new cars always upgrade the headunit first) and most of them fit well.

Getting a toyota stereo with built in amp like our stock one should be the easiest upgrade.