How to wire AEM uego into maft pro

SLO-MK3

Not on the 1jz bandwagon
Nov 4, 2006
Plumas Lake, CA
I've read through countless maft pro threads and have learned they are compatable but haven't gotten any clear answers on how to do the wiring.

Maft pro has 1 orange(for w/b input) and 1 purple(for w/b ground)
My question is, which wire goes from the uego connects to the orange.

The uego has two out-put wires,

white(analog output)=connects to to any auxilary unit that accepts a 0-5 volt input.

And blue(sreial output)=connects to a RS-232 com port for hyper-terminal data logging.

Now, I want to data log as well as use the target A/F feature, so which one/or both, do I use?

Also, the purple wire on the maft pro is for w/b ground so obviously the uego ground goes to that, but does the uego ground to chassis as well, and the purple wire slpices into that(which wouldn't make sense to me), or does the w/b ground connect directly to the maft pro purple wire with no chassis ground? (stupid question I know,but if ya don't ask..............)

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
SLO-MK3 said:
I've read through countless maft pro threads and have learned they are compatable but haven't gotten any clear answers on how to do the wiring.

Maft pro has 1 orange(for w/b input) and 1 purple(for w/b ground)
My question is, which wire goes from the uego connects to the orange.

The uego has two out-put wires,

white(analog output)=connects to to any auxilary unit that accepts a 0-5 volt input.

And blue(sreial output)=connects to a RS-232 com port for hyper-terminal data logging.

Now, I want to data log as well as use the target A/F feature, so which one/or both, do I use?

you use the analog.

RS232 = serial communication = programming stuff....i.e. not working w/the MAFT pro.

SLO-MK3 said:
Also, the purple wire on the maft pro is for w/b ground so obviously the uego ground goes to that, but does the uego ground to chassis as well, and the purple wire slpices into that(which wouldn't make sense to me), or does the w/b ground connect directly to the maft pro purple wire with no chassis ground? (stupid question I know,but if ya don't ask..............)

the MAFT pro's WB input is differential- meaning that the WB input's ground is NOT connected to the MAFT pro's ground. therefore, you connect the purple wire to the UEGO's ground.

you connect the UEGO as per the mfg's instructions....

SLO-MK3

Not on the 1jz bandwagon
Nov 4, 2006
Plumas Lake, CA
OK, got everything wired up now and have been tuning for a couple of days now, but now I have some more questions. It starts and idles fine and driveability is good, so I'm doing ok so far, I guess.

I've hooked up the w/b as you have said, but when I go to the 'system monitoring' feature, the AFR reads 0.0. I'm not sure if its working right.
o2 is reading ~2.5v @ idle so, if its reading o2 voltage, shouldn't it also be reading the A/Fr?

I'm also having a problem with a slight hesitation when opening the throttle. I've been tweaking with the enrich and decay settings and it helps eliminate it sometimes, but not every time.

Also, I've got the boost control features pretty well dialed in, but I'm hitting fuel cut just under 1bar, about 13.23psi. Is there a way to raise the F/C limit? I've heard of people running 20+psi with out hitting fuel cut.

Thanks for the jones.

-Brian

Oh, one more thing, kinda unrelated but.............

OK, I bought a laptop for data loging(also for school purposes)but it doesn't have the right serial port for the maft pro. So I did some searching and found that I needed a serial to usb ataptor, So I got one. Now I find the worst news ever, all the software that I need to install into my laptop(usb software,tunerproRT ect) are only windowsXP and earlier compatable. My laptop came with windows vista, and wont install anything I have. What am I to do? I'm about as dumb as they come when it comes to computers, so any help is greatly appreciated.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
SLO-MK3 said:
OK, got everything wired up now and have been tuning for a couple of days now, but now I have some more questions. It starts and idles fine and driveability is good, so I'm doing ok so far, I guess.

I've hooked up the w/b as you have said, but when I go to the 'system monitoring' feature, the AFR reads 0.0. I'm not sure if its working right.
o2 is reading ~2.5v @ idle so, if its reading o2 voltage, shouldn't it also be reading the A/Fr?

sounds like you haven't configured your WB in the MAFT pro....

SLO-MK3 said:
I'm also having a problem with a slight hesitation when opening the throttle. I've been tweaking with the enrich and decay settings and it helps eliminate it sometimes, but not every time.

update to 4.80, that should help a bit. the individual settings for TPS/MAP will vary from car to car.

SLO-MK3 said:
Also, I've got the boost control features pretty well dialed in, but I'm hitting fuel cut just under 1bar, about 13.23psi. Is there a way to raise the F/C limit? I've heard of people running 20+psi with out hitting fuel cut.

sounds about right for a stock car. you'll need to start doing some tuning....as you remove "fuel" FCO will go up.

SLO-MK3 said:
Oh, one more thing, kinda unrelated but.............

OK, I bought a laptop for data loging(also for school purposes)but it doesn't have the right serial port for the maft pro. So I did some searching and found that I needed a serial to usb ataptor, So I got one. Now I find the worst news ever, all the software that I need to install into my laptop(usb software,tunerproRT ect) are only windowsXP and earlier compatable. My laptop came with windows vista, and wont install anything I have. What am I to do? I'm about as dumb as they come when it comes to computers, so any help is greatly appreciated.

i have no experience w/vista (nor do i want to have any!), but i would just install it and see what happens....though you may run into issues w/the USB->serial adaptor....you may want to consider buying an old laptop....

SLO-MK3

Not on the 1jz bandwagon
Nov 4, 2006
Plumas Lake, CA
I've been having problems trying to update to 4.80, I've coppied the update files onto a cd and unzipped the compressed file. So when I plug the laptop into the maft pro like the instrucions say, and click the update4.80bat file,
It keeps telling me this:

"update is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file.

press any key to continue....."

After pressing any key, it shuts down.