**How to wire a soarer 1JZ into MA70**

supra_mk3

Jan 12, 2007
Sweden
Hi I have connected everything like this but where should i connect: Black/yellow - from old alternator plug?? And Brown - from EB1?
Right now my car wont crank it just click from starter?

Wiring the M1 plug is mainly for your gauges
• Brown – Brown from IK2 (ground for cluster)
• Yellow/Black – Yellow/Black from IK1 (Oil pressure gauge)
• Grey/Green – Blue/Yellow of IK1 and Yellow/Green Is This From Altenator? from IJ1 (Engine Light)

• Purple – Black/Yellow And is this also from altenator? from IJ2 (12v switch, alt to charge batt)

• Red/Black – Red/Black from IK1 (Reverse lights)
• Yellow – Yellow from IJ2 and Red/Blue IJ1 (Speed sensor)
• Yellow/Green – Yellow/Green from IK1 (Water Temp Gauge)
• Pink – Pink from IJ2 (Speed)
• Black – Black from IK1 (Tach)

// Rasmus

swordofdoom

Jan 6, 2007
Arkansas
OK I understand the MA70 Plugs, but.....what about the 1J plugs. There are like no info that are present at the sites you linked about the soarer plugs.
I'm so lost now. Just take some pictures or get something to show us wat the IJ plugs and etc look like.

If You can do this I can link some photos on HOW to actually wire it up since im doing this right now and im kinda lost in your explanations.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
swordofdoom said:
If You can do this I can link some photos on HOW to actually wire it up since im doing this right now and im kinda lost in your explanations.

Sorry, can't spoon feed everyone. I'll see what I can do about getting some pics of the plugs. Been really busy for a while and don't have much time to toy with the supra.

Slow_Sc3

I beat bikes dude
Apr 2, 2005
Maryland
this thread is for pre 89 supra's....

and btw you might have wired the soarers coolent vsv up to the ma7x secondary o2 (7m-ge only) sensor not that it will hurt anything.

Last edited:

Topaz

Sep 24, 2007
Eidsvoll Norway
Slow_Sc3,...you`re right. This thread including its links just wont cut it when it comes to the B1 and B2 plugs on the 89+ harness.

Color codes on the 89+ plugs are as follows:

M1 plug:
Same wire colors as the pre 89

B1 plug:
-Black/blue (big)
-Black/blue (medium)
-Black/orange (big)
-Black
-Yellow
-Red
-Black/red (medium)
-Blue/red
-Red/yellow
-Red/white
-Violet
-Green
-Yellow/blue
-Gray
-Black/yellow (medium)
-Black/yellow (small)
-Black/red (small)
-Light blue(ish)/red

B2 plug:
-Black
-Red/black
-Yellow
-White/red
-White/green

How did you 89+ folks do it?
With my newb skils, it seems like the only option is to ship the harness to get it done......Unless someone has info on which wires are to be mated with which wires from the IJ plugs and the IK plugs...color wise, plus the one wire from the VSV Water? If so, I would be grateful....actually,...I`d be like a kid when santa comes knocking.

Attachments

• B1 wires.jpg
    B1 wires.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 107
  • B2 wires.jpg
    B2 wires.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 80

jza70supra

Aug 1, 2008
Bellingham
Cya;1190360 said:
Are the chaser and soarer harnesses similar? My guy is having trouble completing the swap with the chaser harness.

Lol, I was just about to ask the same question. I'm doing my swap with a chaser harness.

customs

Dec 29, 2008
Edmonton Ab
I need to find the EB1 and EB2 plugs in the car.

There are supposed to be located on the drivers side near the junction box #2
Does anyone have a picture of where these plugs would be exactly and what they look like in the car? I know this is supposed to be for an 87 but how can these two plugs just not be used at all haha.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
customs;1237466 said:
I need to find the EB1 and EB2 plugs in the car.

There are supposed to be located on the drivers side near the junction box #2
Does anyone have a picture of where these plugs would be exactly and what they look like in the car? I know this is supposed to be for an 87 but how can these two plugs just not be used at all haha.

For the complete details go to my site I created. This will better help you understand everything and I have detailed instructions and about 65 hours of work into the process, I really didn't have any help, I had to figure this out for myself.

Freewebs.com/1jz-gte

I have a picture for you my friend
http://www.freewebs.com/1jz-gte/UNDER%20DASH PLUGS 008 ik1 ik2 ij1 1j2.jpg

http://www.freewebs.com/1jz-gte/UNDER DASH PLUGS 006.JPG

http://www.freewebs.com/1jz-gte/1jz issues 002 eb1 eb2.jpg
http://www.freewebs.com/1jz-gte/c1 PLUG.jpg

I hope this helps all of you!!
Pm me if you have any more questions, I would be glad to help anyone.

mk3design

The Name is Snakes
Jul 1, 2006
Arizona
I have a auto 88t Im putting a soarer 1jz into. I dont have my origional harness, do I need to find a pre 89? And does it matter if its from a Turbo or NA? And Im staying Auto, do I need a auto harness?

Oh and the plugs what are suppose to have 3/7 wires... mine has 4 and 8 wires! help

Thanks

Cya

Aug 12, 2005
Columbia, S.C>
Are you saying you have the soarer 1jz harness? Have you confermed that it is a soarer motor? Im saying that because the chaser has two body plugs missing for the ecu, or have the been cut? Im personally more familier with the chaser swap but im sure it applies to the soarer as well.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
mk3design;1310604 said:
It came with the oem jzz30 tags and it was rear sump so yeah its a Soarer engine

If you need ehlp go here

Freewebs.com/1jz-gte

This shows you what wires you will need to use and from what plugs, make sure the first thing you do is label the plugs, if you have a 'pre '89 wires will be on different plug and it is slightly harder.

mk3design

The Name is Snakes
Jul 1, 2006
Arizona
Well im just confused...

For the plugs by the fuse box..
The description says "1 plug has 3 wires and one has 7"
Im pretty sure these are them...1 has 4 wires(with different colors as described) and the other has 8 wires..Has the same colors but also has an extra tan/brown wire.

Then...they wire into what? One of the wires coming off the fuse box?

3 wire plug EB2

• Black – Yellow/Green from old Alternator plug and black from EB1
• White – White from Old Alternator plug
• Black/Red – Black/Red from C1 plug and Black/Red from EB1

7 wire plug EB1

• Blue –Blue from old AC connector
• White – White of C1 plug
• Black/Red – Black/Red of C1 plug and Black/Red of EB2
• Black – Black of EB2 and Yellow/Green of old Alternator plug
• Black/Orange – Black/Orange of C1 plug
• Black/Yellow – Black/Yellow of C1 plug

Does this mean what connects from one to the other such as:
Soarer wire - ma70 wire
?

Thanks for helping..sorry in advanced for being a moron

Attachments

• supra 013.jpg
    supra 013.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 132
  • supra 014.jpg
    supra 014.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 117
  • supra 015.jpg
    supra 015.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 118

JDM CRESS

Jun 29, 2005
brooklyn, ny
hey i just swapped a 2jzge from an sc300 into an mk3 and i wired it using this guide since the pinouts of the sc300/soarer body plugs seem to be the same. my problem is the car is dumping way too much gas.... its first start up it idled a bit hight but smooth... after about 30seconds the idle dropped and started surging.... i've messed around with the timing and tps since then and have gotten very frustrated over this. long story short and my current status.... the timing is correct on the car (10 degrees) the idle still surges... im able to rev somewhat but it backfires like crazy.... and for some reason when the car is cold(first start up of the day) its able to rev.

i was told that because the sc300 uses that gay ass fuel computer i would need to use a SAFC to turn down the fuel. the fuel pump in this car is gettin 12v direct with ign on.

any help will be very much appreciated

thanks

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
I am working on way more information on this I am swapping a soarer engine into an SC400 the connectors reach with out extending the harness also.
Here is my Doc

Let me know what you think fill in any voids in the spread sheet thanks!

UPDATE: It is nearly entirely filled out the specs of the engine is I am guessing 1992-1994 soarer engine automatic, still twin turbo no traction control & no VVTI single turbo.

If anyone could help me by filling out or telling me the last blank or two thanks!

Hey Just to let you know also this worked out great not only did I map the wires redo the harness with out extending the harness the engine is running great you have to redo the alternator wiring and add a black-orange wire for IG2 then the ca starts right up ! Here is the video thanks for your help if anyone here did & enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il0C_cRMEG8

Attachments

• SOARER INTO SC400 TRANSCRIPTION.doc
    538 KB · Views: 78