How to Remove EGR, Hoses, Vaccum, etc.....

supra_89_vang

Dec 29, 2005
madison
Hi,

I would like to remove un-need stuff off my supra. I would like to remove the EGR, any un-needed vaccums, hoses, wires, etc.... but need some help on how and what to remove. Let me know what I can remove on my supra. Thanks

supra_89_vang

Dec 29, 2005
madison
I live in Madison, WI therefore I dont have any Emission testing required. I am planning on about 400+ hp, dayly driven with abs and AC.

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
Depends on what component it is...For example the 1st cat on the downpipe.
So many owners have replaced the stock downpipe woith cat on it with 3" downpipe with no cat and it passes emissions.

Cheers,
Roy

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Correct, depends on WHY Toyota put it there - if it was just to reduce emissions (cat) then ditch it.

EGR was put in to reduce emissions, and also to reduce EGTs - If you remove EGR, have a standalone ready to adjust your timing.

Charcoal canister, KEEP.

As for the vacuum lines, sure - you can always re-run them around. If you go with a MAP based piggyback/standalone, you can eliminate the vacuum line from the ISC, for instance.

Basically, if you don't know why the hell something is there, and how it works, DON'T TOUCH IT.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
You had no charcoal canister overseas? What did they do to vent the fuel tank? :confused:

As for EGR, I'm pretty certain Toyota would have changed up the timing a bit, if you had no EGR ;)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I have information that says the first cat is for NOx reduction. And people do fail their smog test with it missing.

There are various threads here for emission failure, who no longer run the two factory cats.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
in colorado you just need 1 cat... even with one cat i passed with flying colors.. and i used a high flow cat 3''

gilberjj

Friend of Fast
Apr 14, 2006
Tacoma, WA
Doward said:
Charcoal canister, KEEP.

As for the vacuum lines, sure - you can always re-run them around. If you go with a MAP based piggyback/standalone, you can eliminate the vacuum line from the ISC, for instance.

Basically, if you don't know why the hell something is there, and how it works, DON'T TOUCH IT.

i was hesitant to remove my charcoal canister, but an engine builder that was helping me said hes removed every cc on any car hes ever owned, and it never smelled like gas. so off it came. also, about the isc, i have a map ecu, so i won't have to run vacuum to it????