How to make powered antenna adaptable with aftermarket stereo?

allfans26

Sep 11, 2015
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Hey everyone,

I would like to have some pointers or a guide to my situation here... My car is installed with a pretty dated double din stereo (maybe early 2000s late 1998s). I was wondering how I'm able to make the powered antenna go back down/up when I'm using this version of the aftermarket stereo. Like I said, I'm just trying to get an idea of what I should do. I'll post some extra information about my stereo if I can find the information on it since I can't identify it without taking the system out. I hope my question wasn't to vague but I'm happy to clarify any info you need to give me some help!

Thanks,
Branden

fox74

Nov 9, 2014
SLC
I got tired of bent or broken antenna, beside supra antenna may not work with aftermarket stereo, because some needed hardware is in the stock radio. I switched to fixed antenna, it works fine and I don't worry about it anymore. Retractable antennas are a thing of the past.

p2068933_1.jpg

allfans26

Sep 11, 2015
Lawrenceville, Georgia
fox74;2068933 said:
I got tired of bent or broken antenna, beside supra antenna may not work with aftermarket stereo, because some needed hardware is in the stock radio. I switched to fixed antenna, it works fine and I don't worry about it anymore. Retractable antennas are a thing of the past.

p2068982_1.jpg

How's the audio quality? Is this fixed antenna better than the retractable one in terms of radio signals/quality?

gp-7mgte

Ramrod
May 29, 2005
under my hood
fox74;2068933 said:

p2068996_1.jpg
Anything special to install a fixed antenna?

fox74

Nov 9, 2014
SLC
allfans26;2068982 said:
How's the audio quality? Is this fixed antenna better than the retractable one in terms of radio signals/quality?

Branden, I get all radio stations in my area, both AM and FM , signal quality is really good.

fox74

Nov 9, 2014
SLC
gp-7mgte;2068996 said:
Anything special to install a fixed antenna?

Not really, you use your old whip antenna as a base, then the mast will be used to mount the fixed antenna,. The antenna is $10 from Ebay. I like the TRD brand. If there is any interest I can explain how to do it.

gp-7mgte

Ramrod
May 29, 2005
under my hood
fox74;2069086 said:
Not really, you use your old whip antenna as a base, then the mast will be used to mount the fixed antenna,. The antenna is $10 from Ebay. I like the TRD brand. If there is any interest I can explain how to do it.
I'm interested