How to "jack up" an Elise

jmanbball

Yellow Jacket
Apr 17, 2006
Hittin' the books at Tech
Dumbass, we had one come into my dads shop for tires. Tried it on a 4 point lift, and just as we started lifting it the front end came off the front two points. We ended up using the alignment rack.

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
you know there was prolly some dude standing behind it when it went down, staring at it, thinking how kick ass it would be to have one. then the thing comes after him....

it would be a nice car to have, but i think i would look like a monkey fucking a football getting in and out of it...

Selz202

More than Regular Member
May 1, 2005
Black Diamond Wa
If im not mistaken these bitches are glued together?...Which would mean the tensile strength of it is now horribly worn down.

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
Reign_Maker said:
I know right? I'd like to hand him a free punch in the face card...

I'm sure he wouldn't have put it quite that way if he knew it was going to be for the whole world to see. My understanding is that he was organizing a Lotus meet and now would have to take a non-lotus to it.

And his 911 could be a '78 for all we know

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Really? A 78? ;) Im sure its RUF or something, lol... And Im kiddin, I wouldnt punch the guy in the face for being sad because he has to drive a Porsche 911 instead of a Lotus... :D:D:D

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
I'd buy and drive that "totalled" Elise anytime.

Nifty cars, alloy chassis, uses lots of bonding adheasives and very cool tech to build it.

That shot of the flat bottem is pretty cool too. Too bad they have so many scoops and wings they are not that clean areo wise IIRC. Anyone know the Cd on that car?

300+ rwhp on that car would make it a monster. :)
Only thing better would be that chassis with a backwards Subaru STI engine/driveline worked into it. (basicly a 2000lb 911... only revise the transaxle so the engine would be mounted midship, and the trans would hang off both ends of it. Diff off the rear, transaxle in the middle, and driveline up the center to the front diff would be very well packaged, but a bugger to change the motor on for sure.

Your seats could sit over the engine with a flat 4 if done right... and you could make the car wider and shorter if you wanted. Even if it was slightly taller, it would have a lower CG I'd think as well.

Ok, ultimate sports car.
Body/chassis similar to the Elise.
Engine is a twin turbo flat 6 under the seats, and with intake manifolds designed to go up into each quarter panel to keep the seats very low. Also house a turbo per side in the quarters, and the intercoolers there as well.
Put the radiators up front. and vent them like the Elise.
Figure 500hp, and have it AWD, and 2100lbs complete.

I bet Subaru could build that for 60k, and sell them all day long :)

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
HellsLegion said:
If you read the article it said that Goodyear is covering the damage... no point in suing, espically since his father in lw is the general manager

GY Should replace the car not just repair it

it was fine before they got there hands on it. He should get a car that is in the same condition as when he brought his in. I feel sorry for the guy.

At the same time i don't feel that sorry for him. If you can have a 911 an elise and probaly a DD. The cost of the Elise is not exactly the end of the world.

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
ma71supraturbo said:
I'm sure he wouldn't have put it quite that way if he knew it was going to be for the whole world to see. My understanding is that he was organizing a Lotus meet and now would have to take a non-lotus to it.

And his 911 could be a '78 for all we know

No Matter what the year of the 911. it still takes the proper bugget to afford keeping/running it.

You can buy a ferrari for 10K still is going to run you the yearly bill and maitinence of a 100K car

It's like our Supras. Illregardless of what you paid for it. it still requires the proper bugget to run and maintain the car. if not mre because the car is older