how-to fix/disable security system, 87 supra

87'N/A

Aug 2, 2009
Auburn, WA
I have a 1987 supra and the security system won't turn off when i unlock my car. Everytime i try to open it the alarm goes off then the car won't start. The alarm turns off when i put the key in the ignition but then it won't turn over or even try to start. No clicking noise no cranking just nothing. Has anyone had this problem with their supra? Does anyone know how to fix this or how to just disable the security system so i don't have to deal with it anymore?

87'N/A

Aug 2, 2009
Auburn, WA
Thanks guys. I'm going to work on it today and see what happens. If i cant fix it i hope to atleast disable the security system so i won't have to deal with it anymore.

87'N/A

Aug 2, 2009
Auburn, WA
So i think i'm going to try to bypass the theft deterrent computer. Where is it located ? Does anyone that has done this before have any tips for me?

87'N/A

Aug 2, 2009
Auburn, WA
So i pulled out the 15a fuse from the fusebox under the hood and now it fires right up. If i put it back in it goes back to not starting and the same symptoms as before. Now i really confused, can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Attachments

• CAM00101.jpg
    CAM00101.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 12

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
87'N/A;2019282 said:
So i think i'm going to try to bypass the theft deterrent computer. Where is it located ? Does anyone that has done this before have any tips for me?

That is more work than just pulling the door panel and fixing it.

87'N/A

Aug 2, 2009
Auburn, WA
Nick M;2019344 said:
That is more work than just pulling the door panel and fixing it.
I have already pulled the door panel everything looks fine as far as i can tell. So now i am down to bypassing the security system. From what i have read i need to locate the TDS computer, cut a blue and orange wire, then ground it. But i do not know where this computer is located or what it looks like. If anyone could explain to me where this is and what it looks like that would be greatly appreciated. Also any tips from anyone that has done this before would be greatly appreciated.

Side note: i realize that this may be more work and harder to do than i think it is. But i have another vehicle so if its a hassle and takes a while that is no problem. Thanks for the help guys.

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
Locate the theft deterrent box near the steering column fire wall area. Cut the blue/orange wire and ground it.*Remove the theft deterrent box.
it is a small black box maybe 2"x2.5".

87'N/A

Aug 2, 2009
Auburn, WA
KKZ SupraMan;2019465 said:
Locate the theft deterrent box near the steering column fire wall area. Cut the blue/orange wire and ground it.*Remove the theft deterrent box.
it is a small black box maybe 2"x2.5".
Thank you! That is all the info i needed.

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
The link I posted revealed the location of the computer and how to bypass it if you choose to.