how to adjust EVC

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
I have a cheapo ebay boost controller. This is the unit. The thing I don't understand how to set, is gain. There is ( if I remember correctly...lol) Gain, start, low and high. I know the low and high parts no problem. It's the start and gain that have me lost. I figure that start is when the waste gate will start to open, but what is with the gain? I had it set at 5% before and even if I set the high to 14 psi, I can't get past 7 psi. The german that ran the dyno test said that 6.4 psi and 255 rwhp is really good. I just want to set it correctly so I can push around 13 psi. Since the fuel cut is gone I don't have to worry about that. Plus, it would save me from buying another EVC for a little while. Can someone please help me with setting this damn thing? I have tested and tuned until my eyes and wallet (fuel) are bleeding.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Sorry about that I forgot that I didn't put THIS LINK (<---click) in the post. Please let me know if you have a clue on this one. For some reason when I relabel the link as words, the color doesn't change and get underlined like on other sites.